WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

45 minutes ago, The Saint said:

It's pretty bold to include  I <3 Waxwork Records stickers and assume that people do after they just cheated them out of so much money. I think I'll make up some I <3 $75 stickers. Message me if you want one. 

I dont agree with this. How were we cheated out of $75? I'm pretty sure 100% of the people who saw the $75 price tag and said "Yeah, I still want it." Knew that they were spending $75. Nobody was obligated to buy them. I wouldnt buy something I thought was overpriced and then blame the company for making me spend the money when I knew it wasnt worth it to me. If you dont like the price, dont buy it. Thats not being cheated and it isnt Waxworks fault in the slightest bit. Things cost money, and when you start buying special packaging editions of limited records you know what youre getting yourself into.

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

I dont agree with this. How were we cheated out of $75? I'm pretty sure 100% of the people who saw the $75 price tag and said "Yeah, I still want it." Knew that they were spending $75. Nobody was obligated to buy them. I wouldnt buy something I thought was overpriced and then blame the company for making me spend the money when I knew it wasnt worth it to me. If you dont like the price, dont buy it. Thats not being cheated and it isnt Waxworks fault in the slightest bit. Things cost money, and when you start buying special packaging editions of limited records you know what youre getting yourself into.

But it's the amount of money they are charging that is cheating. Maybe it's the wrong word. I don't know. They're making a huge profit on this and getting away with it because of high demand, which is disrepectful to fans in my opinion. Last year I bought the Radiohead special edition and it was the same price. However, it was a double LP that came in a bound book with color artwork. To charge $32 for a standard and then throw a  booklet and a slip case on it and call it deluxe is fine and all I guess, but to charge $43 for those extras is crazy. I mean it was discussed already when preorders went up.  Just still blows my mind and left a bad taste in my mouth. Which sucks because I've enjoyed Waxwork releases these past few years and liked supporting them. That's my two cents on the matter.

I saw the video Waxwork posted and those slip covers look heavy duty. I'm sure the material wasnt cheap. I'm also sure it wasnt cheap having them cut like that. A few years ago I made custom jackets for test pressings and sold them for $30 (I think... Maybe $25), and I barely made enough to cover cost. I think I made about $3 profit on each one. Which basically came out to me assembling jackets for $6 an hour. I know they get materials at a much cheaper price but they also had like 4 people assembling them that probably get paid more than $6 an hour. They are a company and for a company to stay in business they have to make a profit. Most likely they have a 10% profit margin with 20-25% to cover hourly wages and overhead. Was it Waxwork that actually listed a breakdown of why the records was so expensive, or am I thinking of something else?

Deluxe Thing came in today. Package is pretty gorgeous all around. Slipcase was well done and the wax looks just like the original pictures. A little ticked that some of the cover on my slipcase seems to be peeling off on the top, though. I mean, it was essentially a $35 slipcase.

About to give it a spin.

• 2 weeks later...
On March 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM, The Saint said:

But it's the amount of money they are charging that is cheating. Maybe it's the wrong word. I don't know. They're making a huge profit on this and getting away with it because of high demand, which is disrepectful to fans in my opinion. Last year I bought the Radiohead special edition and it was the same price. However, it was a double LP that came in a bound book with color artwork. To charge $32 for a standard and then throw a  booklet and a slip case on it and call it deluxe is fine and all I guess, but to charge $43 for those extras is crazy. I mean it was discussed already when preorders went up.  Just still blows my mind and left a bad taste in my mouth. Which sucks because I've enjoyed Waxwork releases these past few years and liked supporting them. That's my two cents on the matter.

When you say "booklet" I hope you're not talking about the two-page insert that came in The Thing.

37 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Looking forward to paying over $100 for whatever "deluxe" thing they do for this. 

I would say The Exorcist would be the next 'deluxe' release they do if they do it.  Since Evil Dead 2 is in the subscription roster, I'm guessing it'll just be this variant and the 2 other 'regular' ones they haven't shown yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://mailchi.mp/waxworkrecords/evil-dead-2-on-sale-tomorrow

37a34698-971c-4909-b4c7-ba01fd66e939.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the 30th Anniversary soundtrack release of the 1987 horror cult-classic, EVIL DEAD 2.

Directed by Sam Raimi and featuring Bruce Campbell reprising his role as Ash Williams, EVIL DEAD 2 is known not only as the quintessential entry of the EVIL DEAD TRILOGY, but also of 1980’s cult-classic horror cinema as a whole. EVIL DEAD 2 remains the outstanding follow up to 1981’s THE EVIL DEAD, picking up where the first film leaves off, with even more blood, possession, dismemberments, deadites, and with generous elements of slapstick comedy. 

The music by composer Joseph Loduca (The Evil DeadArmy Of DarknessAsh Vs. Evil Dead) is the sophisticated follow up to the first film’s outstanding soundtrack, engrossing the listener in classic orchestral horror, electronic cues, and haunting lullaby compositions. 

Available again for the first time in 30 years, Waxwork Records is proud to present the deluxe, re-mastered-for-vinyl 30th Anniversary edition of the soundtrack to one of the most beloved films in the history of horror cinema. EVIL DEAD 2 features 180 gram colored vinyl, heavyweight old-style tip on jackets, 11” x 11” printed inserts, and all new artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative.

• 180 Gram “Ash” (Blood Red, Blue, and Brown Swirl Vinyl)
  • Re-Mastered For Vinyl
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • 11” x 11” Printed Insert
  • All New Art By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

• 180 Gram “Oldsmobile Delta 88” (Yellow Vinyl)
  • Re-Mastered For Vinyl
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • 11” x 11” Printed Insert
  • All New Art By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

Edited by lethalenforcer

3 hours ago, Recon said:

I'm curious if they really going to reduce international shipping...

https://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/reduced-shipping-rates

Also buried away in there: "We are also happy to report that we are in the process of re-pressing sold out titles from our discography, and all will be available with these updated, lower shipping rates."

Edited by lethalenforcer