WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

SWEET! I swear I received subscriber notification that this was shipped but I guess it would have been another surprise on the doorstep!

Only problem is that I like this variant way more than the subscriber variant they chose.  Wish I could have chosen which one I wanted before they shipped them out.  

Looks like an offical Waxwork distro just put Darkman and Day of the Dead on Ebay for MSRP. Not too bad if you wanna get yours early and dont wanna risk it selling out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Day-Of-The-Dead-George-A-Romero-Waxwork-Records-Colored-Vinyl-LP-Repress-/132341129442?hash=item1ed02560e2:g:6M8AAOSwOyFZyV0J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Darkman-Waxwork-Records-Orange-Fire-Colored-Vinyl-LP-Variant-WW036-/132341131216?hash=item1ed02567d0:g:~2wAAOSwYX5ZyV3C

Edited by Saxonjulin

The Babadook
House / House II
Night of the Living Dead (68)
Sorcerer
Cruising (4LP)
Stephen Kings It (3LP)
Drag Me to Hell
Kong: Skull Island
Friday the 13th: The Game
Friday the 13th Part IV
Eyes of the Mother
The Exorcist 
Re-Animator (Re-Press in 2018)
Queen of Earth
Friday the 13th (Re-Press)
Get Out
French Connection
Near Dark
Alice Sweet Alice
Thief
Prom Night

here is a list of records they mentioned coming out  on the facebook Q&A they did

1 hour ago, MayCauseDeath said:

the soundtrack for SORCERER is amazing and so it the movie. An absolute hidden gem of a movie. 

Agreed on all counts, but the original LP can be found in terrific shape for $10 with ease. Not a hard Tangerine Dream score to get. Perhaps they have access to new material?

Same with The Exorcist. Originally it was supposed to be a reissue combined with the unused Lalo Schifrin score that Friedkin infamously rejected. In the chat, Kevin from Waxwork said that now they wouldn't be releasing the Schifrin music out of respect for someone's wishes, but would be going forward with the The Exorcist release. Not sure why, though, since, even more so than Sorceror, the originals can be had for cheap.

On the other hand, Don Ellis' The French Connection and Jack Nitzche's Cruising are flat amazing goddam scores and not available on wax outside of a spare cut or two. 

Edited by docbronze