WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

5 hours ago, freedumb said:

Thanks for hinting that there was an issue with this... totally slept on this release in more ways than one.  May just buy an OG copy.

Totally! I am flat stunned at how little play that got in this thread. To be fair, Waxwork did re-press the entire run and accepted returns for the faulty LPs. It wasn't a minor issue. The entire deluxe version's initial run is compromised sonically. They copped to it on social media and everything, The replacements aren't perfect, but they are at least within the bounds of reasonable acceptability for new wax. Then again...at that price? Kind of between you and your God at that point.

11 hours ago, docbronze said:

Totally! I am flat stunned at how little play that got in this thread. To be fair, Waxwork did re-press the entire run and accepted returns for the faulty LPs. It wasn't a minor issue. The entire deluxe version's initial run is compromised sonically. They copped to it on social media and everything, The replacements aren't perfect, but they are at least within the bounds of reasonable acceptability for new wax. Then again...at that price? Kind of between you and your God at that point.

I heard this which is why I waited on picking one up. Its disappointing that at the price all of these soundtracks go for now, sometimes it seems like the waulity control isn't there. But good on Waxwork for accepting returns and getting new ones out. I'll grab a copy at some point, maybe if they do a new run later on.  Definitely grabbing a copy of House, wish one of them wasn't on a translucent wax but I'll be going for the Big Ben variant.

27 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Since everything once "limited" is now being repressed, why not this gem? I'm stoked to be able to get one.

Yessss! Redemption! I was ready to go when they first went up 3 years ago but their site was so buggy, i couldn't get the order to go through. So excited to finally be able to get one!

Edited by TheGreatMrY

That Trick 'r Treat soundtrack is easily top 3 in my Halloween records and I have quite a bit.  Extremely well done all around.  Awesome to hear reissues of Friday The 13th coming since that is the release I wanted most that I do not have yet.

I have not been following soundtracks much lately but does anyone know if any of the first 3 Halloween OST's are getting releases this year anywhere?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:34 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Since everything once "limited" is now being repressed, why not this gem? I'm stoked to be able to get one.

I hope they fixed the sound issues, listened to my splatter copy the other day and there is sooo much surface noise and pops. Luckily they're mostly audible when its the quit parts but it also takes away from the mood of those sections. Still a killer soundtrack though.

17 hours ago, hype said:

I have not been following soundtracks much lately but does anyone know if any of the first 3 Halloween OST's are getting releases this year anywhere?

Not that I'm aware of. Halloween 4 & 5 got announced by DWRC, but I've heard nought on the first three.

4 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

I'll be interested to see how much music is on this and what their variants are.

17 hours ago, hype said:

Been bummed for years about the Halloween 3 OST being so limited and flipping online. That's an absolute must own OST for me, but I refuse to pay so much for it. Sucks that such renowned soundtracks are so limited, doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, zuck said:

Has anyone ever listened to the picture disc version of Trick 'r Treat? I'd be really interested in it, but most of my experiences with picture discs haven't been that good.

I steer clear of picture discs when possible (basically out of principle), but I've only heard good things about waxwork's picture discs.