Ordered. I love this band. Can't wait for this to come out and for them to start touring. Thinking about hitting up a festival in Vegas in October to see them and The Killers headline. 

I have never seen them live. I should have watched them at reading a few years ago but watched faith no more in one of the tents instead. 

I feel like they reached their peak on Because of the Times and fell off after that tour. Only By The Night was extremely over produced and an obvious attempt at commercial success. Then, Come Around Sundown was another attempt at being commercially successful, but it was a little less forced. I feel like this new album is gonna be a good mix of their old & newer stuff.

I feel like they reached their peak on Because of the Times and fell off after that tour. Only By The Night was extremely over produced and an obvious attempt at commercial success. Then, Come Around Sundown was another attempt at being commercially successful, but it was a little less forced. I feel like this new album is gonna be a good mix of their old & newer stuff.

Yeah, their later stuff had trouble keeping my attention because of the over production and forcefulness. That is when they became "aware" haha.

I might give this a shot. I don't know. I'm feeling nostalgic or something. Is anything else from the album up besides supersoaker?

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2013/08/06/kings-of-leon-announce-new-album-mechanical-bull-stream-single/

had a listen. this band has died in the arse. the first 3 reks, great! Only By The Night went downhill, Come Around Sundown further so. If this track is indicative of the new album, we're treading into serious 'adult contemporary' territory right here. damn shame, coz i've loved this band since hearing Molly's Chambers on the radio before Youth and Young Manhood came out.

Last decent album these guys did was aha shake heartbreak, after that they simply sold out... they were good live around the aha release saw them during their tour of because of the times and they had cut their hair, had a huge banner and promoed the show on the local top 40 radio station. As a result the show was a total underage or overage mums show who probably really believed it was "the best show we have ever done!".

As you can probably tell I have issue with Kings of Leon. They had so so so much fuckin potential and they sold out. AAARGH I hate it when bands do that. :angry:

Story over.

INB4 cool story bro or other such witty follow up :D

Not sure how this band sold out. Weezer Sold out, Kings of Leon not so much. Music and lyrics have pretty much stayed the same with a little more production. These guys have had the same producer for every single album. They were gods in England before anyone in America gave a shit about them. Its not their fault they got a bunch of new fans when Only By The Night came out. There are plenty of worse bands out there besides these guys.

The amount that I disagree with the majority of you guys about Kings of Leon is extreme. I know I'm in the minority but I didn't really like their earlier stuff. Only By The Night was the first album that I really got into from them. Didn't listen to Come Before Sundown a ton but I enjoyed it the few times I ran through it. I don't know, would I probably have a different outlook if I was really into these guys before their come-up? Maybe, but so it goes.

i'd disagree twentytwo. the first album is a completely different kettle of fish to what they do now, musically speaking. cant really tell with the lyrics coz i find it near impossible to understand him on that rek! haha! aha shake gives a nod to where they decided to go, and the nod gets 'noddier' as the discography goes on. i would however, grudgingly admit that it is obvious KoL were always going to develop the 'sound' they currently have. Some bands want to be pop bands. Stone Temple Pilots readily admitted when Purple came out they were really a 'pop' band. KoL have a stadium sized sound. I say, good luck to them, i'll still treasure the only time I've seen them, in some poxy little tent at a festival almost 10 years ago now, and will still listen to Youth, Aha and Because with great joy.