The Ambient & Experimental Thread

I did an ep earlier this month. You dudes should check it out. Hopefully at least one person digs it.

twinspace.bandcamp.com

The way things are looking now, I'll be putting up an EP every month until I grow tired of it. They won't always be the same kind of music, but it'll be something. Might even throw up an album. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys should check out the John Davis and Secret Pyramid LPs out on Students Of Decay. The Davis LP is what sounds like analog synthesis/Max MSP, interesting ambient/drone. The Secret Pyramid LP is a monster, it's really great, for fans of Lovesliescrushing, SOTL, Grouper.

Also, the new AANIPAA (Mika Vainio & Stephen O’Malley) LP on Mego is some seriously immersive/heavy stuff!

I'm supposed to be releasing an ambient album sometime this winter through Eyetooth Collective on cassette that will also come with a personal zine that I want to compliment the atmosphere of the music.  I'll have more info on that soon.  It will also be up for download wherever.  I'm excited to do something more in this vein, apart from Deadhorse stuff.

I'm supposed to be releasing an ambient album sometime this winter through Eyetooth Collective on cassette that will also come with a personal zine that I want to compliment the atmosphere of the music. I'll have more info on that soon. It will also be up for download wherever. I'm excited to do something more in this vein, apart from Deadhorse stuff.

Awesome!

I'm supposed to be releasing an ambient album sometime this winter through Eyetooth Collective on cassette that will also come with a personal zine that I want to compliment the atmosphere of the music.  I'll have more info on that soon.  It will also be up for download wherever.  I'm excited to do something more in this vein, apart from Deadhorse stuff.

I'll be interested in checking this out!  I think cassettes compliment ambient and noise music very well, so I'm half sold already.

Liz Harris (Grouper) and Jefre Cantu. Fucking amazing. I can't wait for this. It's getting released on November 15th.

http://www.dummymag.com/new-music/raum-blood-moon

That Raum is out in the wild already. My buddy got his in this week.

Also, been checking out a ton of The Stranger, Demdike Stare, Miles, Pendle Coven.... anythign on Modern Love is A+

That Raum is out in the wild already. My buddy got his in this week.

Hmm, weird. Going to buy a copy soon. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I waited so long for it to be released that I forgot about it by the time it came out. They announced it like two years ago.

Just released a suuuuuper ambient EP I've been working on for some friends that have been having a lot of sleep problems. It's nothing insanely interesting or progressive since its, yeah, to sleep to but I dig it. The 3rd track is probably the best one on it IMO. Some of the coolest atmospheric work I've done I think.

http://asseasexhale.bandcamp.com/album/recovery

Giving this a little bump for a heads up, for those of you that dig my stuff and checked out that EP I just dropped, I've been working on a reprise of But Can You Save Yourself? that I'll be releasing soon. It's ignorantly long but it's super expansive and I'm really stoked on how it's shaping up. Also huge shout out to any of you who have checked my stuff out, bought it or told me you liked it. It means a lot.

qx5GJhj.jpg

Anyone hear of Message To Bears?  Multi-instrumentalist who composes some pretty serene sounds, in my opinion.  He just released a new album, and it's a fantastically chilly listen for those of us going into the winter season.

a3413736770_2.jpg

Vinyl press will be made available to order in the coming weeks: check it out if you're at all interested.  His previous stuff is just as solid, too.