PO: Signals Midwest - Light On The Lake

We'll see, State Lines turned out pretty well but Dikembe was all fucked up. I talked to Chuck and a lot of the starbursts they are trying now are tests to see what goes well together so they can do it better in the future. So for all the fucked up ones now there should be fewer in the future.

We'll see, State Lines turned out pretty well but Dikembe was all fucked up. I talked to Chuck and a lot of the starbursts they are trying now are tests to see what goes well together so they can do it better in the future. So for all the fucked up ones now there should be fewer in the future.

True story on that Dikembe.  I think doing the starburst on a 7" is already pushing it, but then they used red as the base with black and white, should've known how that one would come out.

True story on that Dikembe.  I think doing the starburst on a 7" is already pushing it, but then they used red as the base with black and white, should've known how that one would come out.

White works as a base often, since the other colors blend in pretty well. Guess we'll see. Guess we'll see a range of outcomes just like State Lines did.

The State Lines LP looked awesome. I don't really care what this looks like though, I just want to hear it. These are good dudes, Max is the best, and thanks to Steve I know that an earwig has two penises. I'm going to have to control myself from ordering all 4, plus a shirt, plus another Meridian LP with this. 

Mid-September on the pre-order according to Tiny Engines though.

Yeah, it's really been a lot of trial and error ... and it's a new process for Rainbo as well, so they haven't been able to give us that much feedback or advice.  You have to consider that when you're mixing three different colors, they'll all react with one another in different, unique ways.  So far, it seems like we get the best results when we start with a white base as the main color and then throw in two other colors as the "starburst."

All the ones we've done for LPs has turned out pretty good, especially for State Lines and the Run Forever repress.  7-inches are another story, and after an extensive talk with our rep, we decided that it might be best to avoid starburst on those.  However, we took a chance with the Dikembe "Chicago Bowls" and Tigers Jaw "Spirit Desire" represses and they actually look pretty sweet.  The starburst on the original pressing of Bowls and Restorations' A/B was a disaster and looked nothing like what we ordered.  To Rainbo's credit, they didn't charge us any extra for those.

In summation, SIGNALZ MIDWEZT RULZ!

Not sure, I heard it from my friend who got a legit press copy. He didn't give me a copy though, he's always respectful of that relationship which is cool with me. I didn't know it had full on leaked.

Yeah, I know press copies came yesterday or the night before (took one half assed listen, can't really make a judgment yet) and I saw one online yesterday. big bummer.

• 2 weeks later...