JerseyDave's Super Awesome & FREE Surprise Package Raffle

jerseydave77

I'm going to make up a care package for the winner. This is free but there is a way to earn an extra entry into the hat.

First, what's the prize? It's a surprise my friends! It will include at least one piece of vinyl - something of quality. It will possibly have posters, stickers, comics, dvds. Fun stuff that we all dig. You will be happy and it will be worth at minimum $50. If you know me then you can expect some fun stuff.

Second, how do you enter? Post below. Simple as that.

Third, what is this about extra entries? Ok, I'm glad you asked. A friend made a great film and met this bright young boy in Ghana. To go to a good High School there for one year costs $650. They hit that goal but hell, maybe this campaign can pre-pay his entire education. If you donate $1, you get two extra entries. If you donate $5 you get 10 extra entries. Please post in your reply what you've contributed. DO NOT LIE OR YOU WILL GO TO KHARMA HELL. I will check into claims of donations. Donate what you want but please do this first and foremost because you care about the cause. Don't break the bank. I am keeping the prize a surprise on purpose (also because I haven't decided what it will be). VC - HELP SEND ISAIAH ATTA of GHANA TO SCHOOL!

Here is the campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/send-terra-blight-s-isaiah-atta-to-high-school-for-a-year

Finally, I will keep this open for three days. So Monday at Noon I am cutting off entries.

Good Luck.

PRIZE PACK:

FIRST ITEMS IN:

1. A Coliseum Test Press - I have 3 or 4 different ones so I need figure which to include
2. Quicksand "Slip" - SRC Reissue on a swirly color.
3. Old Man Markley "Down Side Up" Tri Color Vinyl

4. Banquets / Mayflower split 7" screened cover /35

If the winner hates one of these I'll make swaps. I'm just sorting through things to make a nice package. I hope to keep a couple things a surprise though.

More Coming Soon - I will roll out announcements big and small

UPDATES

$410 and Counting!!!

Folks are aware of the VC Raffle beyond here and the over $250 that has been raised in under 24 hours has not gone unnoticed. I want to thank everyone who has done as little as entered and bumped this thread to those that have pitched in some cash. I am humbled and this kid is close to a 2nd year of school already. As I noted in another post my friend who is in touch with Isaiah broke the news that they'd reached the first plateau and Isaiah was incredibly appreciative and promised to study hard and make everyone proud. I hope you can all take some pride in being a part of this.

Entries (Thank You All):

1. Abovetheearth - 3
2. Stevie2Shoes - 31
3. Slinch - 3
4. Victimofadriveby - 11
5. Henster311 - 21
6. Jeffersonhowell - 81
7. Onlettingjoe - 11
8. Madie - 21
9. Sapst16 - 11
10. Adam Hudson - 21
11. Sillybarry - 1
12. Thefavoriteplay - 1
13. Thedannychang -1
14. Laralarent - 31
15. Deathandtaxes - 1 (possible later donation - no obligation)
16. DGDesign - 1
17. Jdtg - 3
18. Lovelesswrists -11
19. Rad - 1
20. Brock - 61
21. Daegor - 11
22. Dives and Fives - 17
23. Spungewurthy - 7
24. Ozfactor - 101
25. Televised - 31
26. Steve - 1
27. monsterrod - 31
28. Skinnywolf - 11
29. Human Ton and Handy - 151
30. Aviolentworld - 21
31. Votlin - 1
32. BakedChips - 1
33. Tokimedo - 33
34. Troy Plays Bass - 1
35. Parkinglot - 11

36. Totoro - 1

37. Somethingvinyl - 1

38. Agua - 1

$850

This is a very worthy and direct benefit. When the goal hit $650 my friend called the family in Ghana to share the news and the young man promised to study hard and make everyone proud. So donating now means you can share in that. 

Also, remember, you don't have to donate. I recall the days when $1 was 5 packs of ramen and I couldn't spare it. No guilt intended gang. 

The VC Raffle is known to the organizers and they are appreciative. See the note below. Starting tomorrow until Monday I am going to begin building the prize pack and will list it piece by piece. 

From the organizers:

This is awesome!
Such a great idea to do a raffle with it!!

Thanks a ton David!

We really appreciate you helping to get the word out--we are well on
our way to covering his next year too!

You rock...

Isaac + Ana