PO: Paul McCartney - New

futures

Paul McCartney's upcoming album "New" will be released on Oct. 15 (Oct. 14 in the UK).  Vinyl pre-order is available through Amazon: Paul McCartney - New

EDIT:  As of 10/02/13, the vinyl release has been pushed back to November 20-22, 2013 (as per Amazon).

AlbumCover_Small.jpg

Tracklisting:

1. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
2. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. On My Way To Work (produced by Giles Martin)
4. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
5. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns with additional production by Giles Martin)
6. New (produced by Mark Ronson with additional production by Giles Martin)
7. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
8. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
9. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
11. Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
12. Road (produced by Paul Epworth)

Hopefully some of you enjoy Paul as much as I do and will appreciate this PO.  The dudes in the Small Talk thread put me up to posting this. =P

I saw him last night on Hollywood Blvd and it was an experience! He played a few new songs and they weren't bad. It's hard to compare anything new with the classic stuff because of the mountain of nostalgia that comes along with it. His heart is still clearly in it and I'm glad he's continuing to write and perform. I'll be picking it up.

I saw him last night on Hollywood Blvd and it was an experience! He played a few new songs and they weren't bad. It's hard to compare anything new with the classic stuff because of the mountain of nostalgia that comes along with it. His heart is still clearly in it and I'm glad he's continuing to write and perform. I'll be picking it up.

What an amazing opportunity 

I'm so jealous!  That's so cool that you got to see him.  I saw him back in 2010 with my Dad and it was incredible.  I feel like everyone needs to see him at least once in their lives, haha.

I don't mean to sound like I've been a fan since 1970. But I've heard a lot of his stuff. It just got cheesy.

I feel like "cheesy" is often a word used to describe Paul's solo stuff, but I still find his music really fun and relaxing.  Whenever I feel like I'm taking myself too seriously I'll throw on one of his records.

But I agree with you about his old vs new material.  Ram is one of the most important records in my life and I know and accept that he will never release another record like that.

I'm mega pumped for this. Also, taking a look back at all his recent pressings (beside Kisses From The Bottom) and they're very out of print and very expensive. If I decide I don't like this record, to the 'bay it goes!

Edit: Also, ordered on Amazon - hope I get lucky with a price drop or something.

Was that the Myspace concert with Justin Timberlake?

Was that the Myspace concert with Justin Timberlake?

They were two separate concerts. Paul on Monday and JT on Tuesday (I didn't go to that one). It was technically put on by Jimmy Kimmel and streamed on Myspace.

I took my dad. Paul's my dad's favorite musician and he had never seen him live, so that was probably the best part. 

I feel like "cheesy" is often a word used to describe Paul's solo stuff, but I still find his music really fun and relaxing.  Whenever I feel like I'm taking myself too seriously I'll throw on one of his records.

But I agree with you about his old vs new material.  Ram is one of the most important records in my life and I know and accept that he will never release another record like that.

Perhaps cheesy wasn't the right adjective.

I can honestly say, I've only listened to Ram once or twice.

I had the S/T at one point. It was good but it was so close to The Beatles, it just felt like it was missing the other 3. And since he sang and played everything, it's truly a solo record. Ram does a nice job of having  a different band.

I cringe whenever I see a copy of Red Rose Speedway or Give My Regards To Broad Street. But, "My Love" is on RRS, and it's a great song.

Oh my goodness! Ram deserves a few more listens than that, haha. It's more or less a solo record as well with some help from lovely Linda.

I can understand what you're saying about McCartney since it was recorded simultaneously with Let It Be. Broad Street is more on the hokey side for sure, lol.

• 2 weeks later...