PO: Lorde - Pure Heroine

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills on this one. "Royals" is one of the worst new songs I've heard this year, it's just flipping the script on consumerism rap by basically just listing a bunch of stuff that Rick Ross might rap about and saying "...not!" over a polished beat. The other songs I've heard don't get me any more excited about hearing a whole album's worth of this stuff either. Are people seeing something more there? Is it okay that your music is boring and derivative if I can relate to you as a fellow non-Grey Goose drinker? Does having a "smoky" voice lessen expectations that the lyrics might amount to anything? How many people will respond to this post by saying "it's just fun pop music, don't be such a pretentious dick" even though according to iTunes I have listened to Timbaland's Shock Value 3 times as much as I've listened to The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me so you can just fuck off with that nonsense? Even Pitchfork gave this a good review, and they usually have my back in hating on middle-of-the-road major label entry-level-"alternative" nonsense.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills on this one. "Royals" is one of the worst new songs I've heard this year, it's just flipping the script on consumerism rap by basically just listing a bunch of stuff that Rick Ross might rap about and saying "...not!" over a polished beat. The other songs I've heard don't get me any more excited about hearing a whole album's worth of this stuff either. Are people seeing something more there? Is it okay that your music is boring and derivative if I can relate to you as a fellow non-Grey Goose drinker? Does having a "smoky" voice lessen expectations that the lyrics might amount to anything? How many people will respond to this post by saying "it's just fun pop music, don't be such a pretentious dick" even though according to iTunes I have listened to Timbaland's Shock Value 3 times as much as I've listened to The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me so you can just fuck off with that nonsense? Even Pitchfork gave this a good review, and they usually have my back in hating on middle-of-the-road major label entry-level-"alternative" nonsense.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I like this guy. Knows his shit.

And why shouldn't the script be flipped? You must be kidding yourself If you think we don't see potential.

with you 100%

saw this boring performance the other night, kinda scary if you ask me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ZKMhCEhqY

and whats with these artist that deny other artist, simply because they don't want to be associated with them, but turn around and say BS about how they don't want to be commercial? I mean she was just on Jimmy Fallen rep'n her Universal album release? isn't that commercial? what a hippie....cryt.

Die Antwoord is another overseas group that did the same kind of thing, deny lady gaga, make fun of her and her label, then go play David Letterman... commercial shit!

and what is with the clever play on words that is her album title?

if everyone keeps putting her up on the pedestal she's going to be all heroin'd out faster then amy winehouse... hopefully she takes Justin Beiber with her... just saying. rant over. oh and she can take that demi lovoto chick too. hahaha

Would you want to be compared to gaga?

It's just fun pop music, don't be such a pretentious dick 

with you 100%

saw this boring performance the other night, kinda scary if you ask me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ZKMhCEhqY

and whats with these artist that deny other artist, simply because they don't want to be associated with them, but turn around and say BS about how they don't want to be commercial? I mean she was just on Jimmy Fallen rep'n her Universal album release? isn't that commercial? what a hippie....cryt.

Die Antwoord is another overseas group that did the same kind of thing, deny lady gaga, make fun of her and her label, then go play David Letterman... commercial shit!

and what is with the clever play on words that is her album title?

if everyone keeps putting her up on the pedestal she's going to be all heroin'd out faster then amy winehouse... hopefully she takes Justin Beiber with her... just saying. rant over. oh and she can take that demi lovoto chick too. hahaha

theres a difference between minimalism and boring.