Amphetamine Reptile Records/ MELVINS / Hepa-Titus / Seawhores / Catch-All Thread

jhulud

Yeah its awesome for tom and everyone. But they i think are the label that absolutely sticks it to their fans the most. I mean i get the hand made and the art aspect of things. But why cant we get regular versions in regular sleeves

on old black vinyl? First world problems i guess. 

Edited by Dusted_By_Space

3 hours ago, Dusted_By_Space said:

Yeah its awesome for tom and everyone. But they i think are the label that absolutely sticks it to their fans the most. I mean i get the hand made and the art aspect of things. But why cant we get regular versions in regular sleeves

on old black vinyl? First world problems i guess. 

The thing is, is it even worth it to put out regular editions of their singles and 10 inches?  I doubt they'd sell enough to make it worth it.   The main reasons reasons people want these is for the art and they are collectibles.  How many 12 inch nonlimited singles featuring two songs that are on an upcoming album would they sell?

2 hours ago, apirk said:

The thing is, is it even worth it to put out regular editions of their singles and 10 inches?  I doubt they'd sell enough to make it worth it.   The main reasons reasons people want these is for the art and they are collectibles.  How many 12 inch nonlimited singles featuring two songs that are on an upcoming album would they sell?

That's true but... $50 for 2 songs 12" ?

Must be more for the art or for it being a collectible item rather than the actual music in it, which makes it a bit wrong in my opinion.

I get that but art is a major part of what Amrep does and is what makes their releases unique and desirable.   If you don't give a shit about artwork Amrep is not the label for you.  To be fair Haze said the two  songs are on the album so there was no reason to buy this if you just want the music.  

the sugar daddy splits though I think would be a good example. Do the limited splits with the other bands, then just do a 2xlp of the melvins record proper. I get what @apirk is saying, and a lot of times the music is out there in other places. but sometimes its not. I don't think any melvins records at least, would have an issue selling a few hundred regular editions. other current amrep bands im not sure about, but to each their own I guess.

In 1992 the Melvins’ fascination / adoration / denigration of the mighty KISS rock and roll universe compelled them to excrete out three solo masterworks inspired by the KISS solo LPs. The first in the series is King Buzzo, from the Melvins’ giggling guitar grumpus. Four songs of atmospheric clanging and rockin’ banging. Also features the many talents, drumming and otherwise, of a famous Grunge™ superstar, whose name sort of rhymes with New Wave Asshole. The second in the series is Dale Crover, from the Melvins’ sleepy drum caveman. Four songs of gloomy heaviness, with Dale doin’ the drummin’, singin’, guitarin’, and dancin’. The third in the series is Joe Preston, from the Melvins’ electronic beard warlord. Three songs of fuzz bass computer drone temper tantrum. All three 12-inches reissued on vinyl after 100,000 years out of print.

https://thedarkslide.com/collections/vinyl/products/melvins-king-buzzo-lp

https://thedarkslide.com/collections/vinyl/products/melvins-dale-crover-lp

https://thedarkslide.com/collections/vinyl/products/melvins-joe-preston-lp

• 2 months later...

Announcing our new, double album, a first in Melvins history:
A Walk With Love and Death, out July 7 via Ipecac Recordings

Not only new music, but also a short film of the same title directed by
Jesse Nieminen, watch the trailer below!

Buzz, Dale and Steve bring forth Death, a proper Melvins’ release and Love, the score to the Jesse Nieminen directed, self-produced short also titled A Walk With Love and Death. A release date for the short has not been announced yet.

Buzz: “This was a huge undertaking. All three things: the album, the
soundtrack and the film are benchmarks for us.”

Dale: “A Walk With Love and Death is one giant, dark, moody, psychotic head trip! Not for the faint of heart. You'll sleep with the lights on after listening.”

Guests include: Joey Santiago (The Pixies), Teri Gender Bender
(Le Butcherettes/Crystal Fairy) and Anna Waronker (That Dog).

A North American tour is in the works for this Summer with dates
to be announced soon.

A Walk With Love and Death pre-orders will launch soon, with
the collection available as a double-CD, on vinyl and digitally.

https://www.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/videos/10154592306770939/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...