Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I always associate stoner and sludge rock together.  Here are some recommendations off the top of my head from the sludgy, stoner side are :

Harvey Milk - A Small Touch of Human Kindness

Their whole catalogue is solid, except maybe The Pleaser.  A Small Touch is my favorite.

Conan - Horseback Battle Hammer

Eagle Twin - Either album is good

Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction

aSg - Blood Drive (This probably fits between stoner rock and hard rock.  It grew on my a ton).

Early Baroness, Mastodon and Intronaut are all on the sludgy side of things.

Sleep and the post-Sleep projects (High on Fire, Om) are all good for different reasons.  New Om is really droney, but I dig it.

Kylesa and Black Tusk are rad.  I think sludgy punk music is a better way to describe them though.

The only doom I can think of recommending right now is is Loss - Despond.  That album is incredible.

Holy shit.  My coworker just turned me on to this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6xdaLHGqI

They're called Poser Disposer (probably the greatest name ever) and play sludgy-thrash-grind kinda stuff.  Basically Municipal Waste with Entombed's guitar tone while baked beyond belief.  

Seeing Orange Goblin tonight, I'm really damn excited about it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2bOOEtMxY

Also Monster Magnet is coming out with a new record and is on tour now.

This is all besides the awesome bands that have already been talked about heh.

How was the orange goblin show?

Guest Justin Maheiny

Well now that I heard it I'm happy I didn't pre-order it from Napalm. Was pretty expensive.

I really don't like that Vista Chino album either. Can those dudes maybe try to stop sounding exactly like Kyuss now? It isn't 1992 any more. Time to move on.

Guest Justin Maheiny

EHG had a mention so I did not name them. I have never listened to Grief. I bow to your greater comprehension of the genre and for offering an opinion.

Amateur.

I think the only band I listen to that's considered doom metal is Acid Bath.  I've been listening to them since high school but have never branched out much in the genre to other bands.  I like Dax Riggs a lot.  Agents of Oblivion, his solo stuff, it's all pretty good in my book.