Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I dooooo like that purple/white for sure.

I'm starting to get excited about my little stoner/doom collection. I could expand it so much more if my wife liked the genre haha. She does not. However, she is the one that turned me on to Acid Bath, so she's not to far off. She just doesn't like the droned 14 minute epics like I do.

I'm starting to get excited about my little stoner/doom collection. I could expand it so much more if my wife liked the genre haha. She does not. However, she is the one that turned me on to Acid Bath, so she's not to far off. She just doesn't like the droned 14 minute epics like I do.

I was stoked to see that my Punk/Metal/Drone section takes up more than 1 bin in my expedit when I rearranged everything by genre last night. 

I was stoked to see that my Punk/Metal/Drone section takes up more than 1 bin in my expedit when I rearranged everything by genre last night.

I get excited, then wander in to a post on another forum where a guy has every variant of Sleep's holy mountains and Dopesmoker, which leads me to believe he must have hundreds of records of similar sound. I just close my eyes and say, " I'm still new to this taste, some people have years on me." I was seriously going through that "everything sounds like shit" phase until I found this thread thanks to you. Now I know where I belong musically. Not to say I no longer have love for the Modest mouses, and the Unicorns of the world, but my heart is full of doom!

I get excited, then wander in to a post on another forum where a guy has every variant of Sleep's holy mountains and Dopesmoker, which leads me to believe he must have hundreds of records of similar sound. I just close my eyes and say, " I'm still new to this taste, some people have years on me." I was seriously going through that "everything sounds like shit" phase until I found this thread thanks to you. Now I know where I belong musically. Not to say I no longer have love for the Modest mouses, and the Unicorns of the world, but my heart is full of doom!

Riding Easy may well be my new favorite label thanks to you fellas.

Or maybe Holy Mountain. Solid stuff.

Upcoming shows I should go to but probably won't:

Vektor, Lord Dying, Dead Conspiracy, Burials - 9/27

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Skeletonwitch - 9/29

Whirr - 10/1

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Danava - 10/8

Arch Enemy, Kreator, Huntress - 11/8

Intronaut, Anciients - Branx 11/8

Pall Bearer - 12/9

Yeesh.

Crap, I forgot Skeletonwitch is playing next week! I need to see them this time around.

Last time I saw them was a couple years ago I think and they were playing with Nile, who were pretty good, and Black Dahlia Murder, who I'm not really into. I made it just in time to see the last BDM song, caught Skeletonwitch's whole set and hung around for Nile.  I just with Skeletonwitch would headline some soon.

This seems like a better lineup though.

Upcoming shows I should go to but probably won't:

Vektor, Lord Dying, Dead Conspiracy, Burials - 9/27

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Skeletonwitch - 9/29

Whirr - 10/1

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Danava - 10/8

Arch Enemy, Kreator, Huntress - 11/8

Intronaut, Anciients - Branx 11/8

Pall Bearer - 12/9

Yeesh.

If you go to that Uncle Acid show let me know, I need a new shirt. I'll send you money and buy you a beer :-)

Yeah, Steve fucking ruuuuuuuules

You know how he truly captures the heart? He doesn't say "Hey, adding freebies!" He just does, and its a complete surprise, on top of a fairly priced record. He makes sure you have no buyers remorse for sure. Plus, the packaging and product are always top notch. Wish nothing but success for STB.

You know how he truly captures the heart? He doesn't say "Hey, adding freebies!" He just does, and its a complete surprise, on top of a fairly priced record. He makes sure you have no buyers remorse for sure. Plus, the packaging and product are always top notch. Wish nothing but success for STB.

I dig him because he accidentally sent me that Curse the Son album, didn't ask for it back, and then sent me the Ancient Warlocks I ordered from his own collection since all of the others were sent out! Dude's just solid all around. (He sent freebies in both packages too.)

I've got two of those sick GITD STB patches now!

I dig him because he accidentally sent me that Curse the Son album, didn't ask for it back, and then sent me the Ancient Warlocks I ordered from his own collection since all of the others were sent out! Dude's just solid all around. (He sent freebies in both packages too.)

I've got two of those sick GITD STB patches now!

DUDE! They glow?1?! BRB!