Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Stoked to see Helmet Lady Records signed 1886 and will put out their album Before The Fog Covers The Mount.  Been listening to that album for the past couple of weeks and really digging it. 

Psycho California fest announced the breakup of Indian a couple of weeks back, then announced they had gotten Bongzilla to take their place.  Nobody else had confirmed it then though, sad to see it's true.  Drove to Chicago to see them, along with Bible of the Devil.  Sadly I don't remember the concert.  ....the downside to drinking 6 hours prior to the show.

I've seen Indian play twice. Once after The Unquiet Sky was released and the second time after Guiltess released. Phenomenal band. Super heavy and evil. I'm bummed like the rest of you that they broke up.

Probably a long shot but does anyone have any fall of efrafra records collecting dust they would wanna part with? Regret unloading those while i was jamming elil today.

Also elder crushed it last night. They are also really nice and awesome dudes. Watched both the locals and hung out by their merch the whole night to bullshit with people. Mos generator opened who i only knew by name and they delivered some jammers as well.

Longtime lurker , finally getting around to posting , been jamming the new lord dying album lately , been digging their sound but really outta the loop with tunes these days , anyone care to recommend me some shit similar to their style , more aggressive vocal styling

Here is a list to hold you over:

Saviours

Anciients

Bison B.C.

Junior Bruce

Black Tusk

Brain Oil

Dukatalon

Mantar 

Village of Dead Roads

-16-

Longtime lurker , finally getting around to posting , been jamming the new lord dying album lately , been digging their sound but really outta the loop with tunes these days , anyone care to recommend me some shit similar to their style , more aggressive vocal styling

Check out Long Knife, Tragedy, or P.R.O.B.L.E.M.S. all the best of what Portland has to offer right now. Poison Idea of course, but I'm sure you know who they are.

TRAGEDY - Nerve Damage [FULL ALBUM]:

I know this ain't doom metal, but give it a listen, it's really fucking good.

that first tragedy record fucking rips.  also a tragedy show is one of the few times ive seen a band member be mid song, stop, jump off stage, punch a dude in the face, get back up on stage and just pick up like nothing happened. 

I was just up there this past weekend. Hit up a place called 2nd Spin(?). Pretty good metal section. Unfortunately, I had most of the cool releases that they had for sale. I guess I buy too many records.

Never heard of 2nd Spin. Maybe 2nd Ave. records like Stonculd posted? If not...I have a new place to check out!

I'm guessing 2nd Ave though, as they have a pretty darn good metal section.