Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Never heard of 2nd Spin. Maybe 2nd Ave. records like Stonculd posted? If not...I have a new place to check out!

I'm guessing 2nd Ave though, as they have a pretty darn good metal section.

Yeah I googled that shit to see if there was a new shop. I am only seeing places in California. So you're a Portlander Garbage Golum?

It's alright, lots of obscure shit I have never heard of. Nice guys though. Not a lot of metal really.

I'll probably check it out sometime if their pricing is decent. Sometimes I like grabbing weird stuff I've never heard of before.

The joint I always have high hopes for is Little Axe over on Alberta, but it's always somewhat of a letdown.

I just hit Miss and 2nd Ave anymore.

I'll probably check it out sometime if their pricing is decent. Sometimes I like grabbing weird stuff I've never heard of before.

The joint I always have high hopes for is Little Axe over on Alberta, but it's always somewhat of a letdown.

I just hit Miss and 2nd Ave anymore.

If you ebver need any Poison Idea, Cryptic Slaughter, or Werhmacht vinyl I got a hookup. My buddy does pr stuff for them as well as some other bands. Check out Ash Music you can see who else he promotes for. Oh and Shann from Werhmacht ownes the house next to mine.

There is anothe spot on 50th and Foster where they intersect with Powell that has tons of vinyl. I gotta hit it up soon when I have a couple of bills and a few hours.

I don't know if I've been in there either. Is it Exiled?

If you ebver need any Poison Idea, Cryptic Slaughter, or Werhmacht vinyl I got a hookup. My buddy does pr stuff for them as well as some other bands. Check out Ash Music you can see who else he promotes for. Oh and Shann from Werhmacht ownes the house next to mine.

Nice! Thanks, man.

thought i'd post this here, this is my band, vile creature. we put our record on bandcamp for free/donations today and are doing vinyl/cassettes for our tour in may. queer doom/sludge metal.

http://vilecreature.bandcamp.com

So...legitimate question, I know I might come off sounding like a dick, but it isn't meant that way.

Though I assume you guys are gay (the "queer" tag), what makes this any gayer/queerer (and I feel weird saying queer, as until somewhat recently it has mostly been used as a slur as far as I remember, obviously it's not meant that way here, as you used it to describe your music, and I  have other friends who use it to describe the gay community they are a part of) than any other metal?

I don't understand why stuff needs to be labeled as such. What does it matter whether the people who made something are hetero or homosexual?

Yeah, the way you guys word it does make it look like you are anti-gay which is just not cool. That's a pretty heavy stigma to carry just an FYI..

See, I didn't see it that way because I've heard so many LGBT folks use the term queer in a "we're taking it back" kind of way in recent years. I just don't understand how any inanimate object or piece of art/music needs a modifier like that added to it just because it was made by a homosexual person. It isn't actually gay, and comes off as...exclusionary? maybe? Which I know is strange for someone in a majority to say to someone in a minority, but I can't think of the exact word I'm looking for.