Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I have about a 6 inch stack of records that I need to spin.

Same here. Have been amassing records left and right but have totally fell off my listening game. Feels like I'm just putting money to sleep uselessly.

In other news, you dudes probably saw this on either IG or FB but it don't hurt to throw this up here. Amazing gatefold and amazing wax. Mark your calendars January 2nd ! One STB release I won't be missing out on.

12390901_1008603702516943_80302140500093

Also, I suggest everyone go vote on The Obelisk's page for your top 20 of the year. Had a lot of fun compiling that one and it's always nice to see the results.

You can enter your preferences here -

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2015/12/01/top-20-of-2015-readers-poll/

Same here. Have been amassing records left and right but have totally fell off my listening game. Feels like I'm just putting money to sleep uselessly.

In other news, you dudes probably saw this on either IG or FB but it don't hurt to throw this up here. Amazing gatefold and amazing wax. Mark your calendars January 2nd ! One STB release I won't be missing out on.

12390901_1008603702516943_80302140500093

Also, I suggest everyone go vote on The Obelisk's page for your top 20 of the year. Had a lot of fun compiling that one and it's always nice to see the results.

You can enter your preferences here -

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2015/12/01/top-20-of-2015-readers-poll/

::drool:: gotta get that obi goodness.

Also, anyone have experience with Under The Gun? I ordered Fogg's High Testament in April when pre-orders went up and I still haven't received my copy.

Initially I figured that the first copy got lost in the mail. Then they promised to send me a second one. That also never arrived. Thought it was awfully strange to have two records of one album gone missing. I could actually believe that shipping has been horribly unlucky if they hadn't been so shady afterwards though.

When I contacted them I and expressed my frustrations and bewilderment at the whole situation  they promised to send me a tracking number. That was in the beginning of November. Another two forwarded messages from myself and I've still yet to hear back from them. Didn't really want to resort to that but I'll probably have to file a claim before the year is over. Been way patient with this already.

Also, anyone have experience with Under The Gun? I ordered Fogg's High Testament in April when pre-orders went up and I still haven't received my copy.

Initially I figured that the first copy got lost in the mail. Then they promised to send me a second one. That also never arrived. Thought it was awfully strange to have two records of one album gone missing. I could actually believe that shipping has been horribly unlucky if they hadn't been so shady afterwards though.

When I contacted them I and expressed my frustrations and bewilderment at the whole situation  they promised to send me a tracking number. That was in the beginning of November. Another two forwarded messages from myself and I've still yet to hear back from them. Didn't really want to resort to that but I'll probably have to file a claim before the year is over. Been way patient with this already.

Sorry to hear about this hassle.  I ordered the same LP in late May and it arrived in late July.  But I did not have any contact with them at all.  I just checked for Under The Gun on Facebook and they don't have any recent activity there.  But it might be worth trying to send them a FB message there too.

This is the smartest position you can take when dealing with this shit.

So, I ended up backing out from the house myself. Something just doesn't seem right and I feel like I'm being lied to by the sellers agent and inspectors that they hired to come out there. So I totally bailed because I don't want to have it in the back of my head for the next 30 years that I got screwed. Something else will come around, I'm fortunate enough that I'll get back most of my money that I've been out so far.

So, I ended up backing out from the house myself. Something just doesn't seem right and I feel like I'm being lied to by the sellers agent and inspectors that they hired to come out there. So I totally bailed because I don't want to have it in the back of my head for the next 30 years that I got screwed. Something else will come around, I'm fortunate enough that I'll get back most of my money that I've been out so far.

That sucks, but is probably super smart. A leak under the slab could be a disaster.

Keep looking, you'll find something!

Yeah, I think you did the right thing

My druglord ep randomly arrived today from stb. It also randomly had two covers in it? Also had inserts about the new ancient warlocks and sinster haze which got me excited for those again, especially the sinister haze.

Mine arrived too. Is the second album cover what makes it the "die hard" variant?