Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I'm curious if anyone who bought the Arik Roper Dopesmoker print found it difficult to find a 17X36 frame to fit this print. I can't find anything in this size.

I buy all my frames at http://www.craigframes.com/ & they have 17 x 36 available for most frames & should run you $50-$60 + shipping. I have about 8 frames from them & have seen people post pics of prints professionally framed that have a couple of the same frames I've picked up from Craigs.

If you'd rather use glass than the acrylic sheet it comes with, Ace hardware will cut you a custom piece for like $10. Frame spacers & an acid free backing board are relatively inexpensive if you'd like this print to last awhile.

I'm a huge fan of over the top gaudy frames so here's a 24 x 36 print in a frame from Craigframes with glass from Ace, an acid free backing board & frame spacers for about $100 total:

Beetle.jpg

p.s. Framing prints can be extremely fun & addicting. I started with one stupid Thing print a couple years ago & now I have 32 things framed I've all done myself. I NEED MORE WALL SPACE!

Edited by 74R

1 minute ago, 74R said:

I'm in the same boat as most of these folks and haven't gotten around to having mine framed yet, so your suggestions are very appreciated. 

Beetle.jpg

This falls into the category of things that aren't my style and I probably wouldn't want in my house,  but is fucking gorgeous. 

Aren't you in NOLA? If I lived there, I would want this in my house.

3 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

This falls into the category of things that aren't my style and I probably wouldn't want in my house,  but is fucking gorgeous. 

Aren't you in NOLA? If I lived there, I would want this in my house.

No, I live in California but I'm pretty sure I have an overly tan 70 year old woman who only drinks highballs, smokes a pack a day & has been a lifelong bowler trapped inside of me. 

1 minute ago, 74R said:

No, I live in California but I'm pretty sure I have an overly tan 70 year old woman who only drinks highballs, smokes a pack a day & has been a lifelong bowler trapped inside of me. 

Holy fuck. We're pretty close to the same person. 

For years I've been the world's youngest oldest man.