Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Live Action Role Player (imagine D&D but with people acting out the roles instead of tabletop).

I see... thanks for clarifying.

I imagine their music as fitting for a Cormac McCarthy western rather than some fantasy game... not that it matters.

Although they posted something indicating the new album was in some way related to the book 'We' which is 1920's sci-fi so maybe it is for LARPers! haha

1 hour ago, 2notepockets said:

Was just looking for some info on this and stumbled into this thread :) Profound lore said early July for preorders I am currently checking multiple times per day...

not sure what this means, what is a LARPer? lol

I also do that daily. One of the most anticipated records of summer for me although I reckon it probably won't be out before fall.

2 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

I see... thanks for clarifying.

I imagine their music as fitting for a Cormac McCarthy western rather than some fantasy game... not that it matters.

Although they posted something indicating the new album was in some way related to the book 'We' which is 1920's sci-fi so maybe it is for LARPers! haha

The violins remind me of early My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, etc. You know, goths that go to renaissance fairs. This is the music they make babies too. 

3 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

The new inter arma and big business are quite good. Missing big business this weekend to see john carpenter. 

I haven't received my Big Business preorder yet but the new Inter Arma is so fucking good. I can't stop listening to it. Quite possibly my album of the year.

Giving you another opportunity to spend money on more records. I stumbled across Horseburner (not to be confused with Horsehunter) on ytube. The first pressing of this album seems to be 300. The /100 yellow is still available for only $15, though the shipping price is ridiculous. I still like finding these self-released records.https://horseburner.bandcamp.com/album/dead-seeds-barren-soil

Oh shit, look at the time.

My Inter Arma is missing the A/B side. Boo. I believe I remember hearing Relapse was cool with issues, right? In inverse karma, Steve hooked me up with a band edition purple of the new Goya after my die hard disappeared in shipping. Stand up guy, that Steve. I'll keep my collection going, though I still need to check out Witchskull. 

Here's some sweet instrumental jams, if they haven't been mentioned before.

https://arcticskate.bandcamp.com/album/arctic

1 hour ago, Youinreverse said:

attn: @fitterhappier @JoshuaNilk @2notepockets etc,

The new SubRosa album goes up for preorder from Profound Lore tomorrow at 1pm EST. There's also going to be a new song premiered and a tour announced. 

This is great news! now to work out what time that is in Australia...

On July 6, 2016 at 11:22 PM, 2notepockets said:

Also on the Female fronted Doom front Landless by Eight Bells is well worth checking out if you haven't already, throws a bit of blackened prog into the mix as well, but sadly not violas.

Not sure I consider it more doom than I do post-rock, but I dig The Captain's Daughter. Gonna go listen to the new one now.

22 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

attn: @fitterhappier @JoshuaNilk @2notepockets etc,

The new SubRosa album goes up for preorder from Profound Lore tomorrow at 1pm EST. There's also going to be a new song premiered and a tour announced. 

21 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

This is great news! now to work out what time that is in Australia...

21 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

looks like about 4am bah

Welp... Set my alarm over shot it by an hour and missed out on the clear/yellow /100. Settled for the cream balck splatter /200

3 hours ago, seku said:

New Relapse site is pain in the ass. Payment via paypal, but I can't set balance instead od cc. Probably I'm stupid, but heck it.

I missed limited Subrosa third time in a row. Limited Subrosa vinyl are not meant to be in my possesion.

Any other bad news? :D

This made me chuckle more than it should have.

Now for something a bit different. Not doom, but more psych/stoner. They could play a show with All Them Witches or Le Betre(if they still existed). Only place to order this right now is Nasoni in Europe. On another note, this Bong Druid dude has one kickass youtube channel.

Guys. I keep going back and forth on this stupid Goya demos record from Totem Cat. I really want to get a clear w/splatter copy but can't see paying $40 to get one shipped to me.

If anyone wants a still sealed copy of the Goya - Obelisk tape for one of those ^^, I'd love to make that trade happen.