Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

It's been a long time since I bought my last stoner/doom record...but I just threw down for that Keef Mountain LP...I wish more bands would skew toward the heavy stoner/fantasy area, but stop giving their bands such stupid fucking names. Like...we get it, dudes. You do drugs. Cool...

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It's been a long time since I bought my last stoner/doom record...but I just threw down for that Keef Mountain LP...I wish more bands would skew toward the heavy stoner/fantasy area, but stop giving their bands such stupid fucking names. Like...we get it, dudes. You do drugs. Cool...

Checked this out and it sounds good. I always hate pre-ordering so far in advance but I might need to grab that bong smoke variant. 

18 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Checked this out and it sounds good. I always hate pre-ordering so far in advance but I might need to grab that bong smoke variant. 

I listened to the demo tonight and it's what decided me. I don't need the demo on tape though, so I went for the purple/green variant to save a couple bucks.

I have bought practically no stoner doom stuff in the past month or two. Nothing is hitting me with that "have to own it" feeling. Ill grab that horns record on saturday. 

Conan is reissuing two records (YAY) they are both picture discs (BOO)

all that is heavy is down for a couple of weeks to revamp their website (finally). Based on the little teaser they have on the site looks like it should be wonderful improvements. 

Good news for anyone who was stoked about Goya's Forever Dead, Forever Stoned...I got this response to my question about US distribution:

You have a new message from totemcatrecords:

Hey John,

The album will be distributed over the US soon, Heavy Ripple (sub-distro of Ripple Records) should have some copies as well as All That's Heavy. The band will sell copies on tour as well. If you have a record store near where you live, ask them to grab some copies for their store as well, directly from my US distributor, Cobraside.

I hope it helps,

Ewenn

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Good news for anyone who was stoked about Goya's Forever Dead, Forever Stoned...I got this response to my question about US distribution:

You have a new message from totemcatrecords:

Hey John,

The album will be distributed over the US soon, Heavy Ripple (sub-distro of Ripple Records) should have some copies as well as All That's Heavy. The band will sell copies on tour as well. If you have a record store near where you live, ask them to grab some copies for their store as well, directly from my US distributor, Cobraside.

I hope it helps,

Ewenn

That is good news. Almost bought that the other day. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

EW puts on such a great show. Grateful to have caught them touring lasts years once they do US tours so seldom. Still need to see Goya at some point though.

i saw them last year in Toronto , but tbh i was really underwhelmed at that set. I did get the set list which was awesome. But i missed out on the black light print. 

( speaking of - someone sell me your electric wizard Lucifer print. I'll give you 100. )

This time since i didn't have to worry about the border i came a little more ready and enjoyed the set and the rest of that night galaxies better if you will. 

2 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

That looks like some rad pinball machine back glass. Does it glow in black light?

2 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

That looks like some rad pinball machine back glass. Does it glow in black light?

Fuckin' A it does! 

I'm trying to rig a museum style black light above it.