Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Woo!

Yeah, I don't know what my wife will do with my records. I'd imagine she'll hang on to them for a while...then someone will have a great week at the thrift store.

Since I don't have any children, my records are going to my nephews when I die. I've already told my bother, their father, which records can't be sold under any circumstances.

32 minutes ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Since I don't have any children, my records are going to my nephews when I die. I've already told my bother, their father, which records can't be sold under any circumstances.

Huh. This is a good idea. I'll look into this as they get older and figure out what they like!

2 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Not sure if many of you like Domkraft but Magnetic Eye put up their preorder for their new album. Use the code "oct30off" to get a 30% discount.

https://domkraft.bandcamp.com/album/the-end-of-electricity

I logged on to mention the same release announcement for this Domkraft.  Their last release was great.

Any yes, that new Slomatics is excellent...waiting for my vinyl to arrive from Black Bow records.  I just love that Jon Davis from Conan sends out the "boxed and dispatched" emails.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Did someone mention the new The Well record and I just miss it or are people not caring anymore?

http://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/product/pagan-science/

They're doing unlimited black pressings of stuff now for $15, so I don't worry much about grabbing stuff right away. I'll probably grab this and some other stuff at some point to save on shipping. :)

still love the well, still not crazy about RE.

I'm excited about the Well album, but I didn't order from Riding Easy. I'll be picking it up on released day from my local shop.

------------------

Pricing/pressing info is up for the new Goya album. I'll be picking up an OBI edition for sure. 

http://stbrecords.bigcartel.com/

Edited by Youinreverse

6 minutes ago, Santa Bateman said:

Standard here. In all honesty a 4 track record should not cost $27 shipped. Just shouldn't. Maybe it's me idk. Sure Goya cool all that but yeah still a bit much for 24mins of music

6 tracks, two of which are unreleased. 

I'd imagine it's closer to 35/40 minutes depending on the length of those tracks.

You're 100% right that a single LP shouldn't really cost that much, but for some reason Steve keeps making the packaging more complex and not raising his order numbed to get cost down, so I can kind of stomach it.