Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, ptothedo said:

I'll file this under here, progressive rock/metal,   Kairon; IRSE! - Ruination .   Loving it.

https://kaironirse.bandcamp.com/album/ruination

Cool. Think I saw a supported post of theirs on FB and was intrigued but didn't bother to investigate.

Thanks for posting, always interesting to listen what's going on the opposite shore of the Baltic Sea.

Also, for all you Wino fans. The Obsessed is coming out with an album on Relapse, pre-orders up.

http://relapse.com/the-obsessed-sacred/#order

Edited by JoshuaNilk

On 2/6/2017 at 6:00 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yup! Why make it easier for a bunch of people to get one one one day when you can make it extra hard twice!

Every time I read this it cracks me up. This is the exact fucking thing they did! Pretty soon they'll be selling only two copies at a time and spend a week hyping it on FB before each two copies go on sale.

I don't even know if this belongs here or if anyone's interested, but I just found out about this band because someone gave a heads up on FB to Dorthia(Windhand) that it is going to be available on vinyl. Agents of Oblivion features Dax Riggs and Mike Sanchez from Acid Bath, who I also never listened to until today. They sound NOTHING like the Acid Bath songs I listened to. To me they have a mellow, stoner Soundgarden vibe. The record is on green vinyl /1000. Buy    Song Samples

On 2/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, Santa Bateman said:

as soon as I saw it on my feed, I pre ordered. love acid bath/agents/first deadboy and his acoustic live stuff (dax riggs)

wait you burrly heard acid bath for the first time today?

Yep. Never listened to them. I need to explore some of his other projects.

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Conan and North announced a US tour. First time being able to see both and pretty pumped about that. I feel when Conan comes to the states its never in my city. 

I get a long weekend when they're going to be in Portland! Yesssss

1 hour ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Sleeping Through The War is blaaaaaazin

Was surprised to see all those Pledgemusic LP variants selling out. Apparently there's a deluxe 2LP version out there as well. Will have to get that just because All Them Witches can do no wrong.

Yeah, great album - thanks for the heads up on the 2 lp version. . . I'll be on the lookout for that one.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:15 PM, lexicondevil said:

For those of you interested in epic, fantasy metal. Eternal Champion has members from other bands we like, I don't know which ones offhand. Some copies are finally available in the US via 20buckspin.

Thanks for the heads up on Eternal Champion.  I was sleeping on this when you mentioned this awhile back.  Picked up one last night...and I think they are sold out now.   Love live the wizards!

14 hours ago, elsanto said:

Thanks for the heads up on Eternal Champion.  I was sleeping on this when you mentioned this awhile back.  Picked up one last night...and I think they are sold out now.   Love live the wizards!

Definitely. On FB there are a lot of people who are pissed that they ordered from Greece and still haven't received their record. That record company seems a bit dodgy. I asked them about a month before release if they were going to have a variant and they told me no. Then they drop a 100 on red. Of course I missed out.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Definitely. On FB there are a lot of people who are pissed that they ordered from Greece and still haven't received their record. That record company seems a bit dodgy. I asked them about a month before release if they were going to have a variant and they told me no. Then they drop a 100 on red. Of course I missed out.

Mine from Greece shipped a little bit back. I wasn't sure there was going to be a US distributor so I jumped on it.

Edit: came today

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

3 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Been on  a bit of an Earth binge lately.

Hadn't listened to them in a very long time but for some reason checked out the Angels of Darkness... releases and can't stop listening to them.

any one else in to them? favourite releases?

Both Angels of Darkness albums are solid. I'm a big Bees Made Honey and Hex guy. You really can't go wrong with them though.

Yeah The Bees... is rad, my local record dealer has one of those over the top triple gatefold bible versions I'll probably pick up when/if budget permits.

I need to listen to Primitive and Deadly  from what I've heard it uses more distortion and also has some tracks with vocals which is potentially an interesting dynamic for them.

47 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

Yeah The Bees... is rad, my local record dealer has one of those over the top triple gatefold bible versions I'll probably pick up when/if budget permits.

I need to listen to Primitive and Deadly  from what I've heard it uses more distortion and also has some tracks with vocals which is potentially an interesting dynamic for them.

I picked up one of those bible versions back when it was reissued, totally worth it. Primitive and Deadly was good; the vocals were a nice change-up, but unnecessary.