Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Yoooooo. This All That Is Heavy sale right now is fucking nuuuuuuts. Just got: Melvins; Houdini, Stoner Witch, and Stag; Pilgrim - Void Worship; Valkyrie - Shadows; and Witchthroat Serpent - S/T for $50.08 total.

There's a bunch of other really great stuff on there too. If you don't have Om- Pilgrimage it's like $5. Bunch of Electric Wizard stuff too.

Yoooooo. This All That Is Heavy sale right now is fucking nuuuuuuts. Just got: Melvins; Houdini, Stoner Witch, and Stag; Pilgrim - Void Worship; Valkyrie - Shadows; and Witchthroat Serpent - S/T for $50.08 total.

There's a bunch of other really great stuff on there too. If you don't have Om- Pilgrimage it's like $5. Bunch of Electric Wizard stuff too.

No vinyl release yet that I'm aware of, but I fucking love Spaceslug. New album:

https://spaceslug.bandcamp.com/album/time-travel-dilemma

edit: Apparently they released a vinyl version of their first album and I had no idea...Bilocation Records has a couple copies on blue if anyone is interested. ~$25 shipped from Europe.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Oh dang, I completely forgot I ordered anything from that! ATIH sale. :o:wacko:

edit: logged in to chekc order status and saw this. Not worried.:

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT SHIPPING DELAYS:
We are very backed up due to the mega-sale so shipping has been delayed up to 2 weeks. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused by it, but it can't be helped. We are working as hard as we can to get all orders out as soon as we possibly can. Priority Mail and Express Mail are going out first as always.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Estron by Slomatics has been repressed. I still don't even have the new album. When it wasn't made available in the U.S. I just got unmotivated. I know you overseas people are shedding a big tear for me! I will have to bite the bullet if that Black Tomb record ever gets released by Totem Cat.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:13 AM, JoshuaNilk said:

Oh shit. Elder went all of post-rock on us.

They were already getting a pretty post-rock on us with Lore. I had a hard time getting through that album and not because it wasn't good but I just don't think I was ready for the blend of sounds. I also feel like they crammed a little too much into the album. For a power trio, there were about 2 too many guitar overdubs that were completely separate musical passages that obviously a three piece couldn't produce playing live and I think that's what got to me the most. The actual music is great but its hard when you imagine a three piece and all that other music coming from nowhere. It just doesn't represent what was Elder's charm for me. Dead Roots Stirring blew me away but its mix of complexity and still mostly sounding like it was being performed by a three-piece. Also, Nick's vocals didn't sound right on Lore. I've got to give Lore another spin.

Edited by mcpherson123

33 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Estron by Slomatics has been repressed. I still don't even have the new album. When it wasn't made available in the U.S. I just got unmotivated. I know you overseas people are shedding a big tear for me! I will have to bite the bullet if that Black Tomb record ever gets released by Totem Cat.

Where are you seeing the Estron repress?

same on the new one.