Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

3 copies of the wax mage variant? You have me intrigued. Am actually inbetween whether to sell my Goya collection or add more to it. I guess the stream is up now as well on bandcamp, should give it an ear.

The new Summoner record is coming in two months, pre-orders through MER are up.

https://summonerboston.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-the-realm-of-light

I was actually actually refering to the winhand record i now own 3 copies of. 

Update from relapse: they gave me a canned bullshit response on the grab bags. They said it was random and you could get duplicates. Completely ignored my comment that i get i can receive duplicates but they sent me 10 of the exact same records. Guess they will be zero help...

57 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Just went and saw Kong: Skull island with a young for work. Was an odd surprise to hear Sabbath's Paranoid used during the commanche scenes. Slightly cheesy (applies to the whole movie) but nice.

Damn, how many times are they gonna remake King Kong?

On another note, I saw that my buddy went to the Goya show. So bummed I didn't know ahead of time and could have had him pick up the tour variant.  Oh well. If anyone gets an extra DL for Harvester, I would appreciate the hook-up.

26 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Anyone else find the new goya really boring? I feel they are just turning out stuff so quickly its not all quality

I found it similar to a lot of their previous work, but it still sounded solid.

31 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Damn, how many times are they gonna remake King Kong?

On another note, I saw that my buddy went to the Goya show. So bummed I didn't know ahead of time and could have had him pick up the tour variant.  Oh well. If anyone gets an extra DL for Harvester, I would appreciate the hook-up.

If they still have them left and I'm able to grab a second one tonight do you want me to?

25 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Anyone else find the new goya really boring? I feel they are just turning out stuff so quickly its not all quality

I liked the one song I heard, but I do think that they see "GOLD in thar hills!" and that they are putting anything and everything out to get the money while they can. I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed their Demos record.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

If they still have them left and I'm able to grab a second one tonight do you want me to?

Yes, I would. I can Paypal beforehand. Don't know what they are going for?

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

I have no idea what they're going for. Considering its limited to 27 copies according to discogs I don't even know if they have them/are limiting them though. If I can get one I'll message you, don't worry about paying ahead of time. We good. :)

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I have no idea what they're going for. Considering its limited to 27 copies according to discogs I don't even know if they have them/are limiting them though. If I can get one I'll message you, don't worry about paying ahead of time. We good. :)

Thanks! I just messaged you.

Saw Goya last night and they were a ton of fun! They put on a really good show and were incredibly nice.

Aneurysm opened and were also awesome live. I'm not super into their (Aneurysm's) recorded stuff, but I'd definitely go see them again if they get out this way. Reminded me a little bit of The National Acrobat if you know those guys (Louisville, KY back in the 90s/early 2000s). Also super nice dudes.

The local opener was Blackwitch Pudding...they were ok. It's definitely a joke band, they dress like wizards/warlocks and just fuck around a lot/sing tongue-in-cheek songs about the usual cliche stoner metal stuff. Pretty fun though, just wish we could have had one of the more serious stoner metal bands from around town open instead.

It looks like Wounded Giant will finally release new material on April Fool's Day. I don't know about that die hard edition. Will it come with a dreadlock wig and a spliff? Will probably go obi or not so standard. http://stbrecords.bigcartel.com/ Also they are having a 25% off sale until March 31st  USE PROMO CODE - STB2017 .

12 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

It looks like Wounded Giant will finally release new material on April Fool's Day. I don't know about that die hard edition. Will it come with a dreadlock wig and a spliff? Will probably go obi or not so standard. http://stbrecords.bigcartel.com/ Also they are having a 25% off sale until March 31st  USE PROMO CODE - STB2017 .

Obi4lyfe

20 minutes ago, elsanto said:

Lol

I think I'm avoiding splatter vinyl now.  I've had a few purchases lately where the splatter had some lumpy artifacts that really effect playback.  If done right, that not supposed to happen I hear...but still it happens.

I wish I could kick the crazy variant habit. It would be much easier and cheaper to buy black or more common solid colors.

29 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Battleground is having a half off sale. Enter "HALFOFF". They even have CHRCH. http://www.battlegroundrnr.com/ Damn good deals, but I think I've reached(exceeded) my spending limit this week/month.

can anyone comment on the titles that are not CHRCH or Dopethrone (as I have both of those)?

anything i truely "need"?