Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, sam_b said:

My Summoner shipped too.  I was a little disappointed with Atlantian, but this new one seems more promising.

Disappointed with Atlantian?! You're crazy! :P

I can see that though, I think since I listened to it before Phoenix I enjoyed it quite a bit. This new one sounds solid from what I've heard so far and I enjoy the art direction on it.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Disappointed with Atlantian?! You're crazy! :P

I can see that though, I think since I listened to it before Phoenix I enjoyed it quite a bit. This new one sounds solid from what I've heard so far and I enjoy the art direction on it.

yeah Phoenix is stronger record in my opinion.  I've been following them since they were known as Riff Cannon.

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

So I have to say, every now and then I check in to see if some asshole is trying to sell one of the tour Harvester of Bongloads, and I'm happy to report I haven't seen one go up yet. It's awesome that those seem to have only gone to real fans :)

Mine is superglued in my collection! I am surprised no one has sold one yet, but you also don't see the screened version of 777 offered up that often.

9 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Mine is superglued in my collection! I am surprised no one has sold one yet, but you also don't see the screened version of 777 offered up that often.

Every time I have seen one pop up (like twice) I've been sorely tempted. I'd love to have one in the collection but I can't justify the cost.

2 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

No.

Are any of you beer swilling Wizards going to Decibel's Metal and Beer in Philly this weekend?

Every time I'm sitting on the can reading the promo articles in Decibel, I get bummed that I couldn't go to this. Metal and BEER! I feel like I'd enjoy it more than Vegas Psycho. Anyone notice how Psycho is slowly changing its focus as a stoner doom metal fest? Next year Kendrick Lamar and Paul McCartney will be playing...

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

Every time I'm sitting on the can reading the promo articles in Decibel, I get bummed that I couldn't go to this. Metal and BEER! I feel like I'd enjoy it more than Vegas Psycho. Anyone notice how Psycho is slowly changing its focus as a stoner doom metal fest? Next year Kendrick Lamar and Paul McCartney will be playing...

I'm amazed my wife agreed to go.

But she does love the beer.

The changes to Psycho really makes me regret not going two years ago.

Or hell, not going this year.

3 hours ago, MicLima said:

Anyone going to see All Them Witches next Friday at the Zanzabar in Louisville?  What's that place like?  I've never been.

I actually think I've been there before, it was a fine venue, but nothing spectacular if I remember correctly. Granted, this was 2004 That I went.

49 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

I'm amazed my wife agreed to go.

But she does love the beer.

The changes to Psycho really makes me regret not going two years ago.

Or hell, not going this year.

My wife was actually sounding interested when we were talking about it. She enjoys beer, as well. Maybe next year!

I really don't like going to Vegas, which is why I've never been to Psycho. I go to Vegas once a year to see my dad and I hate it. I wish I went the first year when it was in Orange County. I think that was the doomiest year.