Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Conan is playing tonight and I'm trying to rally. The last time I saw them was on a weeknight and those fuckers didn't go on until around 12. The next day at work really sucked. I keep missing bands because I can't drag my ass out that late. I need to start doing cocaine.

giphy.gif

If you go to conan and they have some cool merch could you let a brother know? I think i have to miss their show next week and dont want to miss out on some sweet garb. 

46 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

If you go to conan and they have some cool merch could you let a brother know? I think i have to miss their show next week and dont want to miss out on some sweet garb. 

If he doesn't go I'm seeing them tomorrow too.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I will text you if I make it back out of the house. Once I get home from work on a weekday it's tough to leave the house again at 9 or 10. We will see...

7 minutes ago, elsanto said:

That is so cool.

I thought so!

For the record, David was a super cool dude and let me hang out and just shoot the shit with him for like an hour in his studio and told me about a psyche show coming up from this Japanese band Kikagaku Moyo, who I'd never heard of.  I even got to see some in process stuff, and original sketches which was extra cool!

I'll let you guys know how Conan is live later on. (I'm sure they're going to be stellar)

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Conan...was...fucking AWESOME. Catch them on tour if you can, wizards. The Sleer opened up, and were terrific, North was amazing, Conan played third and fucking destroyed, and Witch Mountain closed it out. WM isn't necessarily my thing, but they did a good job at what they do. The gal doing vocals puts on a really fun show. I love it when bands are really into what they're doing :)

Was able to get a copy of Blood Eagle and Jon signed it for me. Spent a little too much on beers to get myself a shirt, may order one through the mail at some point though.

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I thought so!

For the record, David was a super cool dude and let me hang out and just shoot the shit with him for like an hour in his studio and told me about a psyche show coming up from this Japanese band Kikagaku Moyo, who I'd never heard of.  I even got to see some in process stuff, and original sketches which was extra cool!

I'll let you guys know how Conan is live later on. (I'm sure they're going to be stellar)

Glad to hear Conan was awesome and you had a great time. I definitely recommend checking out Kikagaku Moyo. Great psych band. 

Edited by whoshotthefrog

Just a heads up for those wondering, that new summoner album's obi edition is /250, not the 100 that the website claimed. Apparently it is /100 mailorder, the rest are for distribution in other ways.

I know we've had discussions in the past about this label and how sometimes they do weird stuff with their pressing numbers or repress stuff immediately or whatever.

I'll be honest though, this time it kind of grinds my gears. I went for the obi edition (which cost most than the other one) partly due to the lower pressing number.

I think I'm pretty well past caring what that label does, which is a bummer because they used to be reliable and really inexpensive, all of which seems to have gone out the window at this point.

On 5/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Just a heads up for those wondering, that new summoner album's obi edition is /250, not the 100 that the website claimed. Apparently it is /100 mailorder, the rest are for distribution in other ways.

I know we've had discussions in the past about this label and how sometimes they do weird stuff with their pressing numbers or repress stuff immediately or whatever.

I'll be honest though, this time it kind of grinds my gears. I went for the obi edition (which cost most than the other one) partly due to the lower pressing number.

I think I'm pretty well past caring what that label does, which is a bummer because they used to be reliable and really inexpensive, all of which seems to have gone out the window at this point.

Magnetic Eye Records' "limited to" numbers have been bullshit for a while. When I saw they were doing the obi thing and the prices went up, I knew it was going to be the same boutique label crapbucket scenario with high prices and high hype. This is making me lose interest in this type of metal and I've been listening to more death, black, and thrash. Not that those sub-genres are immune to this type of shit. Labels don't realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot. I've said it many times before, but these labels need to learn from the 90's comic book fiasco. Lots of subpar music being released in limited fancy packaging.

On 5/13/2017 at 4:37 AM, whoshotthefrog said:

Glad to hear Conan was awesome and you had a great time. I definitely recommend checking out Kikagaku Moyo. Great psych band. 

I'm loving this. Thanks for posting it!

I saw Mono last night and Subrosa opened. Excellent as always. On the way in the venue was giving out free tickets for a couple shows, so I'm seeing Pallbearer on Monday and Big Business next month. :)

so ended up going to Conan tonight.  Missed the local bands but caught North and Conan.  Both were great.  Conan was LOUD and crushed.  grabbed a shirt as well.  had the "nice surprise" of a parking ticket when I got back to my car... put a damper on the evening a bit...

where the venue is there are like 100+ bars in a 10 block stretch.  i never go there as it is college kid drunken stupor central.  apparently they changed the rules where if you park on the main drag for like 7 of the 10 blocks after 10pm you get a ticket as it is "no parking"  when i asked a cop outside a bar they said "so it is easier for them to deal with drunk people.  so they took an area that was already terrible to find parking and took away like 70-100 spots to "make it easy to arrest drunk people"

1 hour ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Neurot just put up a preorder for a Ufomammut 7".  Anything this band puts out I will always buy.

https://neurotrecordings.merchtable.com/pre-orders/pre-order-ufomammut-warsheep-7-ships-in-early-june#.WSMIEevyuUk

I love this quote: 

"Introducing a new album by way of a 7” is something new for the band, yet recalls the days when vinyl was the best option (as it still is) and labels presented new albums with a single."

I recall the days when $10.99 was the price for a record ALBUM, not a single. That price is just ridiculous. Grrrr.

On 5/17/2017 at 5:09 PM, Metal Mike said:

Sorry bruh, couldn't remember how to clear drunk quoted posts.

New Beastmaker stream:

http://loudwire.com/beastmaker-inside-the-skull-exclusive-album-stream-interview/

Can't seem to find the purple version on any sites in the States. Last time they had it on Amazon. This time they're not listing any color. Digging the stream.

Wish me luck on getting out to see Necrot and Exhumed tonight. Igottadoitgottadoitgottadoit!

10 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Can't seem to find the purple version on any sites in the States. Last time they had it on Amazon. This time they're not listing any color. Digging the stream.

Wish me luck on getting out to see Necrot and Exhumed tonight. Igottadoitgottadoitgottadoit!

I saw Exhumed about 13 years ago all remember is one of them Sculling a beer out of someone prosthetic leg, good times...