Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

So, this Toke record is the same one that was already released, but with two cover songs? I should probably just bust out my original copy and actually listen to it again.

New Wizard is good. I hope the Conan is at least decent. Demo records are always a toss up. I was surprised how much I really enjoyed Goya's demo-Forever Dead, Forever Stoned. It might be my favorite Goya record.

5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

So, this Toke record is the same one that was already released, but with two cover songs? I should probably just bust out my original copy and actually listen to it again.

New Wizard is good. I hope the Conan is at least decent. Demo records are always a toss up. I was surprised how much I really enjoyed Goya's demo-Forever Dead, Forever Stoned. It might be my favorite Goya record.

Huh. Yeah,I guess it is. I didn't look closely at it. Weird.

That Goya demo is super good, I can't imagine a Conan one not being great. It'll have to do until I can swing a copy of Horseback Battle Hammer.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Huh. Yeah,I guess it is. I didn't look closely at it. Weird.

That Goya demo is super good, I can't imagine a Conan one not being great. It'll have to do until I can swing a copy of Horseback Battle Hammer.

They really need to do a repress of Horseback that isn't a stupid picture disc...

Hellmistress has just repressed the Horseburner(not be be confused with Horsehunter or any other horsey band) record in two different colored variations. It's only 20 bucks with U.S. shipping included. https://hellmistressrecords.com/collections/vinyl

They also have a bunch of other distro stuff that was sometimes surprising. They have the new WITTR on smoke if you're still looking.

Edited by lexicondevil

Not super into their latest record yet, as they're rehashing quite a bit from their previous LP. In The Wind is one of my favourites though. Love the vocals because he makes it sound so dire. Definitely get what you mean though, they're certainly deemed to be not everyone's cuppa.

Ritual Productions is holding a sale. Shipping might be expensive for all you stateside but this is probably the cheapest you will get their stuff. Lots of good stuff to find from 11Paranoias, Bong, Ghold to Ramesses. Git on it.

https://www.ritualproductions.net/rites/

Edited by JoshuaNilk

First round of bands announced for Migration Fest in Pittsburgh next July.

Who is road tripping to come hang out with me?!?!?!?!?!

Bands so far:

Abyss
Cloud Rat
Couch Slut
Daeva
Deadbird
False
Hell
Khemmis
Mizmor
Mutilation Rites
Panopticon
Scorched
Spirit Adrift
Thou
Tomb Mold
Yellow Eyes

12 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

First round of bands announced for Migration Fest in Pittsburgh next July.

Who is road tripping to come hang out with me?!?!?!?!?!

Bands so far:

Abyss
Cloud Rat
Couch Slut
Daeva
Deadbird
False
Hell
Khemmis
Mizmor
Mutilation Rites
Panopticon
Scorched
Spirit Adrift
Thou
Tomb Mold
Yellow Eyes

Yes dude!  I have been to both Gilead Fests and the first Migration.  Definitely not missing this one! 

Lineup is already in the ridiculous realm and its only half of the bands.  Really hoping for Oranssi Pazuzu this time.

21 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

New Merlin record going up on 12/01 http://thecompanykc.bigcartel.com/

The thing that is annoying is that the release date is "TBD", which is I think what they did for Curse the Son and it took forever. I might hold off for this reason.

Nice. I'll probably hold off for a while too. Haven't been keeping up with that label, so I'm interested to check out some of those other bands.