Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Never really got into Pallbearer. The music is OK but the vocals don't really do it for me.

On 26.1.2017 at 5:39 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

Also wanted to buy that keef mountain and apparently all versions are sold out.  Bummer...

I was bummed also but then again as a single LP 44$ was a bit much for me. The Company just posted that here'll be a repress of it. They were probably surprised at the demand as well.

5 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Never really got into Pallbearer. The music is OK but the vocals don't really do it for me.

I was bummed also but then again as a single LP 44$ was a bit much for me. The Company just posted that here'll be a repress of it. They were probably surprised at the demand as well.

I sometimes forget you're one of our oversea wizards! Yeah, for $44 I wouldn't have done it.

I'm always way behind on buying Pallbearer stuff and this will be no exception. It'll be repressed a couple times and I'll grab one when I can get if for around $20 total.

http://harvesterofbongloads.bigcartel.com/product/harvester-of-bongloads-vinyl

Goya-Harvester of Bongloads goes up Sunday night at 11:59pm as time (10:59 PST).

sucks that I'm going  to have to stay up late before the start of a 10 day week to get a Wax Mage copy.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

http://harvesterofbongloads.bigcartel.com/product/harvester-of-bongloads-vinyl

Goya-Harvester of Bongloads goes up Sunday night at 11:59pm as time (10:59 PST).

sucks that I'm going  to have to stay up late before the start of a 10 day week to get a Wax Mage copy.

This kinda pisses me off being on the east coast. If they were going to do it this late couldnt they do it on a Friday or Saturday? Im not staying up until 2 am for a record

15 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

This kinda pisses me off being on the east coast. If they were going to do it this late couldnt they do it on a Friday or Saturday? Im not staying up until 2 am for a record

Right? I'll luckily only have to stay up until 11, so I'm going to stick it out and just be a little tired at work...but I'm not happy about it!

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Yep. If I'm up and I remember, I might buy one. I'm slowly starting to not give a shit anymore about this stuff, especially when it's so hype gimmicky.

On 1/31/2017 at 8:54 AM, JoshuaNilk said:

Never listened to them but if there's any Sons Of Otis fans out here, there's a rerelease of their 2001 album 'Songs For Worship' through Concrete Lo Fi records

http://clfrecords.wixsite.com/clfrecords

I bought my copy the other day. Sons of Otis is highly recommended. Super heavy.

19 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I don't understand why they're doing the preorder on a Sunday/Monday night. Makes no sense. I'll set my alarm so I can wake up but it's going to suck since I then I have to wake up by 4:00 for work.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The next quetion becomes...what is pricing going to look like on these? Specifically on the WM variant. I sure hate to drop like $40 on a single LP...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's near $50 before shipping for the WM variant.

4 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's near $50 before shipping for the WM variant.

Ok, so with that one answered, did anyone who got the WM version of Toke give it a listen yet? How does it sound? I worry about the sound quality of handpours.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

There's still the neon and black available.

http://harvesterofbongloads.bigcartel.com/

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Missed the Wax Mage version Goya. :( Got through checkout and it told me it sold out.

Was able to check out a second time and get a Northern Lights version, but still bummed.

Same here. Was on my phone at a gas station and checking out was being super slow. 3 minutes after they went up, most variants were gone. Then again, that was a 70$ single LP that slipped through my hands so I'm not sure whether to be sad or glad. If I could just manage to obtain a single copy of any Wax Mage hand-poured variants I'd be stoked. They just look wildly different from anything else out there. Also still interested in how those things fare under the needle?

Otherwise screw fancy colourways, ha. Been thinking about selling my Goya die hard as well due to This LTD to insert ridiculous number/ game is beginning to seem like more and more of a gimmick to me. A gimmick that I don't mind being a part of now and again but hey, bands know how to procure demand.

Also, pretty stoked on Relapse sending me another copy of 'Still They Pray' due to a popping error my first copy had. Wasn't expecting a full replacement but they sent both discs along with the sleeve.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

I wasn't able to get the WM so I settled on the Northern Lights.  Anyway, below is the breakdown on how they were selling the album yesterday for the preorder. I got this from their Facebook post.

I've had a few people ask what is up with the presale tonight. I am selling 50% of each edition for this presale. Here is the exact breakdown of what will be for sale.

HARVESTER 12" BLACK - 60 copies
HARVESTER 12" SOUR DIESEL - 60 copies
HARVESTER 12" WHITE WIDOW - 40 copies
HARVESTER 12" NORTHERN LIGHTS - 20 copies
HARVESTER 12" WAX MAGE - 20 copies
HARVESTER 12" TEST PRESS - 10 copies
HARVESTER CD - 40 copies
HARVESTER CASSETTE - 40 copies
HARVESTER TSHIRT - unlimited

The band gets 20% of the stock. Band stock will not be for sale online, and will be available exclusively at shows. In addition, many of the limited band copies are already spoken for as comps for people that helped us out for free with the album release (there are a lot of you), so if you want a Northern Lights, Wax Mage, or Test Press, this presale and the final sale will be THE ONLY WAY to get one.

4 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

I wasn't able to get the WM so I settled on the Northern Lights.  Anyway, below is the breakdown on how they were selling the album yesterday for the preorder. I got this from their Facebook post.

I've had a few people ask what is up with the presale tonight. I am selling 50% of each edition for this presale. Here is the exact breakdown of what will be for sale.

HARVESTER 12" BLACK - 60 copies
HARVESTER 12" SOUR DIESEL - 60 copies
HARVESTER 12" WHITE WIDOW - 40 copies
HARVESTER 12" NORTHERN LIGHTS - 20 copies
HARVESTER 12" WAX MAGE - 20 copies
HARVESTER 12" TEST PRESS - 10 copies
HARVESTER CD - 40 copies
HARVESTER CASSETTE - 40 copies
HARVESTER TSHIRT - unlimited

The band gets 20% of the stock. Band stock will not be for sale online, and will be available exclusively at shows. In addition, many of the limited band copies are already spoken for as comps for people that helped us out for free with the album release (there are a lot of you), so if you want a Northern Lights, Wax Mage, or Test Press, this presale and the final sale will be THE ONLY WAY to get one.

This whole breakdown basically said, "You have a slim to none chance of getting a wax mage because we kept the coolest ones for ourselves and most of the others are going to friends." I'm really finding it harder and harder to stay on board with these guys. I like the music, but they're doing everything that I hate about this "vinyl resurgence".

26 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

This whole breakdown basically said, "You have a slim to none chance of getting a wax mage because we kept the coolest ones for ourselves and most of the others are going to friends." I'm really finding it harder and harder to stay on board with these guys. I like the music, but they're doing everything that I hate about this "vinyl resurgence".

Yeah, I certainly won't be buying another $40 record from them. :/

Just couldn't help myself this time.