Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

22 hours ago, twatay said:

Yea, I agree BJM is a head scratcher.  I like them though.  I cannot wait.

It's an odd fit with all that death and doom for sure. but I love me some BJM. Been trying to amass their back collection for a while now.

Their new album just came out and leaked and it's killer. Quite different from last year's which was quite indie-ish.

19 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Song from the new Goya album. Love the guitar tone and fuzz.

Goya Bandcamp

Ooft, very Sabbathy indeed. Still thinking of trying for that waxmage variant when it goes up but can't quite decide if that's a good idea. Would love to hear it in full first.

Also, for all you into funeral doom/death, Profound Lore is putting out what will doubtless be a very heavy release, featuring STV Floyd and Jef WTHD doing guest vocals and also *drum roll*

Billy Anderson.

https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/loss-complete-work-on-new-album-horizonless/

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Valkyrie - Shadows

Witchthroat Serpent - S/T

Pilgrim - II: Void Worship

Melvins - Stag

- Stoner Witch

- Houdini

Good haul. There were many a title I wish i didn't spend full price on, like those Melvins records.

I went a bit overboard...

Albino Python - The Doomed and the Damned (LP)

Alejandro Jodorowsky - The Holy Mountain (OST) (Black) (2LP)

Black Pyramid - II (Color) (IMPORT) (2LP)

Black Pyramid/Old One - Split LP (Color) (LP)

Bloody Hammers - Under Satan's Sun (IMPORT) (LP)

Boris/9dw - Split LP (IMPORT) (LP)

Causa Sui - Pewt'r Sessions 3 (IMPORT) (LP)

Church of Misery - And Then There Were None (Purple) (LP)

Circle - Pharaoh Overlord (IMPORT) (LP)

Dreamtime - Self Titled (Pink) (IMPORT) (LP)

Earth (Pre-Black Sabbath)/Flying Hat Band - Coming of the Heavy Lords (Split LP) (IMPORT) (LP)

Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics (Re-issue) (Black) (IMPORT) (2LP)

Fleshpress - Acid Mouth Strangulation (IMPORT) (LP)

Inter Arma - The Cavern EP (LP)

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar (Black) (IMPORT) (LP)

Melvins - Hold it in (LP)

Papir meets Electric Moon - The Papermoon Sessions: Live at Roadburn (2014) (Clear) (IMPORT) (LP)

Pharaoh Overlord - 6000 km/h (IMPORT) (LP)

Pharaoh Overlord - Circle (IMPORT) (LP)

SardoniS - Self Titled (LP)

Satan's Satyrs - Die Screaming (LP)

Slo Burn - Amusing the Amazing (Re-issue) (10 inch)

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Daaaaaamn! Thought about that Earth and the Black Pyramid ones, not sure I even saw Jodorowski!

Once I got the notification on here that the sale was going it seems a lot of people were noticing.  I was putting stuff in my cart and the number kept lowering as stuff was selling out before I could even check out.  Unfortunately their system does not tell you what sells out so I was just guessing.  I did not even see that witchthroat serpent when I was going through.  I am assuming some of their stuff was like one or two copies and sold out quickly.  

I honestly think I got the last copy of that Jodorowski.

Also side bar, I would have not spent that much if i did not have some "free money" in my PayPal from selling some records over the past few months.  I looked at it as no real dollars were spent on the transaction.

Edited by Twistedshabazz

42 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Once I got the notification on here that the sale was going it seems a lot of people were noticing.  I was putting stuff in my cart and the number kept lowering as stuff was selling out before I could even check out.  Unfortunately their system does not tell you what sells out so I was just guessing.  I did not even see that witchthroat serpent when I was going through.  I am assuming some of their stuff was like one or two copies and sold out quickly.  

I honestly think I got the last copy of that Jodorowski.

Also side bar, I would have not spent that much if i did not have some "free money" in my PayPal from selling some records over the past few months.  I looked at it as no real dollars were spent on the transaction.

Word. Yeah...I felt a little selfish, but I placed my order before I said anything about the sale :ph34r:

I also got shipping notification for my Harvester of Bongloads yesterday!

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Word. Yeah...I felt a little selfish, but I placed my order before I said anything about the sale :ph34r:

I also got shipping notification for my Harvester of Bongloads yesterday!

I do not blame you.  With sales like that you have to put your order in then let people know.  I know I am appreciative  of you letting me know because the ATIH newsletters go right to my spam and I would have never seen it.  

Was just spinning 'Still They Prey' and was going to attempt to scribble down the lyrics and was to discover that my hard drive has 666mb of free space.

Devil's chosen one indeed :P

Also, I already got a replacement from Relapse due to C side of my first copy having some extremely loud pops during the quietest part but it seems the replacement copy has a similar issue on the B side. Good thing about it is I am able to piece together one good copy combining clean sides but it makes me think I should start to wean myself off all this coloured vinyl business, just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

3 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Was just spinning 'Still They Prey' and was going to attempt to scribble down the lyrics and was to discover that my hard drive has 666mb of free space.

Devil's chosen one indeed :P

Also, I already got a replacement from Relapse due to C side of my first copy having some extremely loud pops during the quietest part but it seems the replacement copy has a similar issue on the B side. Good thing about it is I am able to piece together one good copy combining clean sides but it makes me think I should start to wean myself off all this coloured vinyl business, just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Yeah...I'm thinking I'll go black from now on unless it's something I've already been collecting colored copies for. My whiskey budget has taken a serious bite out of my record budget since I started getting a little serious about it. Luckily they go together well :)

So i got my two relapse 10 LP grab bags today. They had them wrapped in bundles of 10. Opened the first and had a few of the titles already. No worries, figured it would happen. Opened the second and it was literally the same 10 records as the first one.  It said if you ordered more than one you may get duplicates. Figured i would get a few. Not all 10. 

It says no exchanges or refunds but messaged them to see what they can do as that is a bit ridiculous. 

I really dont need 3 copies of the newest windhand record...

28 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

So i got my two relapse 10 LP grab bags today. They had them wrapped in bundles of 10. Opened the first and had a few of the titles already. No worries, figured it would happen. Opened the second and it was literally the same 10 records as the first one.  It said if you ordered more than one you may get duplicates. Figured i would get a few. Not all 10. 

It says no exchanges or refunds but messaged them to see what they can do as that is a bit ridiculous. 

:wacko: Bummer!

I hope they have a tour copy of the record that I can snag Wednesday! limited to 27 though...meh.

51 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

If they dont i know someone who

has 3 copies and eager to sell...

Wait, whaaaaaaaat?

I don't know how I expected anyone to know what I was talking about when I made my second comment. I was talking about Goya and looking at the listing on discogs and somehow expected everyone to know that. :blink:

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

What'd you get for them? Curious if it's worth it for me.

9 hours ago, museummouth said:

What'd you get for them? Curious if it's worth it for me.

Based off memory (i wont remember all 10 probably):

three zombi records

newest windhand

isla/coffins split

goblin rebirth

christian mistress

greay tyrant

and two others

they were also all relapse titles and no distro stuff. I figured i would have got at least a few distro titles which would have been okay by me since i do own alot of relapse stuff already. 

Edited by Twistedshabazz

12 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

If they dont i know someone who

has 3 copies and eager to sell...

3 copies of the wax mage variant? You have me intrigued. Am actually inbetween whether to sell my Goya collection or add more to it. I guess the stream is up now as well on bandcamp, should give it an ear.

The new Summoner record is coming in two months, pre-orders through MER are up.

https://summonerboston.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-the-realm-of-light

28 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

3 copies of the wax mage variant? You have me intrigued. Am actually inbetween whether to sell my Goya collection or add more to it. I guess the stream is up now as well on bandcamp, should give it an ear.

The new Summoner record is coming in two months, pre-orders through MER are up.

https://summonerboston.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-the-realm-of-light

I'm also on the fence about Goya. I dig their music, but they are making it increasingly difficult to buy the most interesting variants. Collector's problems. I am actually missing a bunch of their stuff because of that. I might just go digital with them.

Looks like MER has been infected. Their "OBI" edition is $28. It's a bummer they are following that trend. I liked the fact that they would just do cool colors and that they kept it reasonable. I guess someone has to finance all those lame covers records they keep releasing. I'm just gonna wait for the inevitable sale. Looking forward to hearing the new Summoner.