Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, Mindymoney said:

I was just listening to your last  lp. Really looking forward to the next full length.

Stoner/Doom recorded at Conan's studio. I don't like their preorder. They don't plan on putting the order in until June with a supposed October shipping date. It is limited to only 300, though.  Lots of green going on here.    https://mage.bandcamp.com/album/green

Edited by lexicondevil

12 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Stoner/Doom recorded at Conan's studio. I don't like their preorder. They don't plan on putting the order in until June with a supposed October shipping date. It is limited to only 300, though.  Lots of green going on here.    https://mage.bandcamp.com/album/green

Went ahead and jumped on it, why not.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:45 PM, fizio59 said:

http://roboticempire.bandcamp.com/album/thou-the-house-primordial

New Thou is up on Bandcamp and it seems more like a kind of experimental noise blackened metal album. I’m digging it right now. 

This will be released on vinyl by Raw Sugar records at the end of the month. There will be 2 more EPs this summer, 1 on Community Records and 1 on Deathwish. The Magus album will be on Sacred Bones in August.

Reissue of Los Natas "delmar" comes out towards the end of the month.

Hope they work their way through reissues of a few other of their earlier releases.

Havent ordered through this label before so we'll see how it goes.

http://www.argonautarecords.com/shop/en/music-/255-los-natas-delmar-lp.html

Edited by jab
Link

not entirely rooting the new CHRCH like I thought I would be. In fact A-side seems like a misstep compared to Unanswered Hymns. Too much of the solo solo Malmsteen bollocks and lot enough murder rumble. there7s already a zillion bands that sound like that.

B side was more solid in their usual 1 riff meatshit murder way but I dunno still. #I_dont_like_new_directions

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, Vaporwave Meme Poster said:

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

I'm going to need some Doom memes from you! Or maybe a new genre called Vapordoom? Mix Ozzy vocals at half speed, lay down a modulated beat, with some Electric Wizard riffs played backwards at 78 rpm. Someone is going to steal my idea. My new Vapordoom name is WIzARDerorDeror. It's Friday and I'm bored...

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm going to need some Doom memes from you! Or maybe a new genre called Vapordoom? Mix Ozzy vocals at half speed, lay down a modulated beat, with some Electric Wizard riffs played backwards at 78 rpm. Someone is going to steal my idea. My new Vapordoom name is WIzARDerorDeror. It's Friday and I'm bored...

It would obviously be called Wizardwave, and I'm into it.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, lexicondevil said:

synthwave_doom_by_imx_da-dbbuaqc.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

All That Is Heavy has the new YOB record for $31.99. On the Relapse site you can get it for $21.99. Ten bucks more on ATIH! What is the thinking behind that pricing?

Yeah...I don't get that site. They do shit like that, but then they also do things like list the new Crypt trip for less than the label is selling it for and give you a 25% off coupon. Got that pup for under $20 shipped on clear. Or that Krownn deal I posted before.

It's so weird.