A Day To Remember - Common Courtesy

Alright, I put this in the everything else thread because there is technically no vinyl release but hopefully the band does one someday

tumblr_mtzfo6kbHc1scip6to1_500.jpg

I've been reading all of the stuff Absolutepunk.net has been doing following what the band has been going through with Victory Records and whatnot and I feel that this record needs to be talked about because whether you like this band or not they are really showing their balls by putting their careers on the line and fighting Victory Records. It's pretty interesting stuff.

I know I'm probably gonna get shit for posting this cause they are more of a mainstream Pooppunxx band but whatevs

If we can talk about Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry...I figured fuck it

Download Link - http://commoncourtesy.adtrstore.com/

i was listening to this earlier today.  not a fan of the softer acoustic stuff.  but theres no denying these guys write catchy music (to me at least), and they're in the group of bands i still check out because of the nostalgia factor.  jammed them hard back in junior high. (i think americans call that middle school?)

anyways, i only listened to it through once while studying, i'll have to give it a few more runs.

the "at times" part was enough a qualifier to not get my hopes up too much. if it has hints of both FTWHH and homesick then i'm sold.

OK good, because there are about 4 songs on the record that are acoustic or at least have acoustic parts. So it's not a record of nothing but breakdowns but overall I'm real happy.

OK good, because there are about 4 songs on the record that are acoustic or at least have acoustic parts. So it's not a record of nothing but breakdowns but overall I'm real happy.

That last part makes me more inclined to listen. I remember hearing their "singles" (You Should Have Killed Me... and later that "never let you down" one) and kinda digging it, then seeing them at Warped tour and being bored out of my skull while they played heavy stuff the whole time. I like heavy stuff, but they didn't seem to pull it off very well.

If nothing else, it feels like it has a ton of passion put into it. 

This. Surprisingly, out of all the music that was released today, this is what I've been listening to the most. I'm really digging it, and the light being shed on the Victory lawsuit is making for some interesting reads.

That last part makes me more inclined to listen. I remember hearing their "singles" (You Should Have Killed Me... and later that "never let you down" one) and kinda digging it, then seeing them at Warped tour and being bored out of my skull while they played heavy stuff the whole time. I like heavy stuff, but they didn't seem to pull it off very well.

Yeah, I've never seen a live video where they sounded good live. 

I forgot what review I was reading and I can't find it now, but someone on either Allmusic or something similar described A Day To Remember's sound as similar to New Found Glory but "updated" with down-tuned guitars and more obvious breakdowns.

Listen to the first two songs off this and tell me you don't get a serious NFG vibe musically.

I'm very let down by the album because it's not their best work at all, at least to me. WSMFY holds that crown. I'm still playing it all the time, but it feels really unmemorable to me, and stuttery: goes from an incredibly heavy track right into an acoustic, and back again. There's like 2 songs with no screaming, then 4 acoustic songs, and then 3 songs with nothing but screaming. What?

That's what I loved about Homesick and What Separates Me: Each song had a perfect fusing of the genres in it, and were all really catchy. I don't like the "Right back at it again" theme because I feel like its kind of lame. 

Tough to say for me. I'll keep playing it though.

I'm very let down by the album because it's not their best work at all, at least to me. WSMFY holds that crown. I'm still playing it all the time, but it feels really unmemorable to me, and stuttery: goes from an incredibly heavy track right into an acoustic, and back again. There's like 2 songs with no screaming, then 4 acoustic songs, and then 3 songs with nothing but screaming. What?

That's what I loved about Homesick and What Separates Me: Each song had a perfect fusing of the genres in it, and were all really catchy. I don't like the "Right back at it again" theme because I feel like its kind of lame. 

Tough to say for me. I'll keep playing it though.

I feel like they tried to write songs that could be played on the radio while at the same time trying to keep their "hardcore" fans.

I feel lie they tried to write songs that could be played on the radio while at the same time trying to keep their "hardcore" fans.

Listening to I Remember right now, and it could be played on the radio easily.

Also, I hate when bands sing about how becoming successful hasn't changed them. I mean, it more punx to just not bring it up at all.

ive been listening to this record a lot over the past few days and i think it is a great record.

not sure if anyone has seen this yet (i know it was posted to absolutepunk) but i thought this was interesting. Its the original version of The Document Speaks For Itself.

http://josmyth1127.tumblr.com/post/63446118030/this-is-how-it-was-supposed-to-go-on-the-album

Drew Russ had this to say:

"Here is the scoop:

I sent Victory an edit of the "2nd Sucks" Music video I did.
It had a watermark over the video which read "Victory Records Proof" like you know, a proof of a photo, that you look at before it's final.
(This was standard, They asked for a water marked version)

Tony gets it and thinks it means like Victory Proof like Fire Proof or something. Gets mad, calls me. I thankfully let it go to voicemail, now we have this gem for the world to hear."