Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

This has probably been answered before, but are the stores getting less and less vinyl as time goes on? The two stores I have locally (just north of Seattle) never have much compared to a couple years ago. Doesn't ever seem like the stock increases either.

It varies store to store. Just a guess on my part, but I think HT has a few "levels" of vinyl availability that a store can be assigned. Like none->Beatles->a moderate selection->carries everything.

It can change, like you said though. The hot topic in monroeville, PA used to have a moderate selection a few years ago but now it's a Beatles only store.

It varies store to store. Just a guess on my part, but I think HT has a few "levels" of vinyl availability that a store can be assigned. Like none->Beatles->a moderate selection->carries everything.

It can change, like you said though. The hot topic in monroeville, PA used to have a moderate selection a few years ago but now it's a Beatles only store.

"Levels, Jerry" -- Seinfeld haha But good thought about that. My store here in N. Charleston use to sell vinyl, I think the last thing they had was Sublime then after that sold they tell me now that they are just too small a store and don't have the space.

Does HT only get reissued albums that have already been previously released on LP or do they also get first-ever exclusive to HT pressings? I'm sure I could figure it out by going through a list of all the HT exclusives, but that's too much work.

They will sometimes have exclusive variants of a new album, for example Balance & Composure's TTWTWM, and are usually /500 or /1000. Or they carry a retail version of a new album (Touché Amoré-Is Survived By on the blue that's /10or15,000).

Thanks buff! Hoping some of these go up together so I don't get whittled away by shipping costs.

Well luckily for everyone, lots of copies of all of these will be available online! :)

Glad there will be alot available online beceause I really want a lof of these, but like televised said, is there going to be any help in the shipping department? I don't want to sit and wait until they're all available because chances are they'll sell out, but I don't want to have to pay to ship each one individually either... But hey, I'm just happy they're being pressed, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Travis, you're the man! haha

Also, great thread BuffBloom!

Glad there will be alot available online beceause I really want a lof of these, but like televised said, is there going to be any help in the shipping department? I don't want to sit and wait until they're all available because chances are they'll sell out, but I don't want to have to pay to ship each one individually either... But hey, I'm just happy they're being pressed, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Travis, you're the man! haha

Also, great thread BuffBloom!

If they all go up at different times and you have a HT nearby, you can order it on the kiosk and get it shipped to the store for free or $1.

Living in Erie, PA, I'm always surprised how much vinyl we have at our local store.  We're a very small city, and yet there are always 4 to 5 crates packed completely full of records, and nothing that sticks around for very long.  They seem to breeze through whatever they get, and quickly get more back in all the time.  For how small our market is in Erie, it leaves me baffled.  Think I'll be picking up The Bled, though!

I know the Erie store and think it's becasue there's not a huge amount of competition for quite a wide area.

My parents live in Bradford and I always take a look in Erie when I am over.