Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

So what's the deal with Lana Del Rey being listed at $49.50? Is that some kind of super late april fool's joke or a pricing error? I have zero interest in the record, but the price model alone is a sure fire way to make me boycott hot topic music.

Especially for a non exclusive wide release. You can get the cd box set + vinyl off her web store for the same price.

Especially for a non exclusive wide release. You can get the cd box set + vinyl off her web store for the same price.

The regular 2xLP is $40 at two of my three locals, one of which usually undercuts retail prices. It's just an overpriced release, not so much HT's doing.

The regular 2xLP is $40 at two of my three locals, one of which usually undercuts retail prices. It's just an overpriced release, not so much HT's doing.

Even at $40 elsewhere, are we supporting HT doing a $20% markup? For the same release you can buy at literally every other store that sells vinyl for $40? 

Even at $40 elsewhere, are we supporting HT doing a $20% markup? For the same release you can buy at literally every other store that sells vinyl for $40?

That's why I said "not so much" because yeah, they did tax it quite a bit, but it's still a ridiculously overpriced release at $40.

Not trying to defend HT entirely, but it's not like you can get this thing leaps and bounds cheaper anywhere else.

Doesn't HT have damn near a 20% mark up on all their vinyl? I thought everyone had just accepted it at this point. You pay the extra money if you want an exclusive variant and you ignore anything you can buy elsewhere.

Doesn't HT have damn near a 20% mark up on all their vinyl? I thought everyone had just accepted it at this point. You pay the extra money if you want an exclusive variant and you ignore anything you can buy elsewhere.

Yup. That's why I feel bad for those who buy non-exclusives from HT just because they saw it in stock.