Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

11 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

And I'm over here wanting some Manson and ETID represses....

FWIW, the Hot Topic Antichrist I had doesn't sound nearly as good as the SV original pressing. Also, the best sounding pressing I have heard of Mechanical Animals was the Back to Black RP from 2008 even though the packaging is kinda lacking. I have a US OP of Holy Wood (though I would totally love the UK with bonus acoustic Nobodies) and it sounds surprisingly good for a record from 2001. I really hope that if they do get RP'd we get a proper lyric book or a nice insert because especially for a concept album those are nice to have. I haven't heard Golden Age and it's not one I like enough to buy at the current OOP price. I would buy Portrait if I found one for a fair price but from what I have heard the green pressing from the tshirt box sounds like shit so I want the SV.

Owned all the ETID before I sold them to Brian, but they sounded pretty damn good too. 

1 hour ago, SuperBuckeye30 said:

Music On Vinyl appears to be pressing the score by Steven Price on vinyl on a 2xLP, 180gm green/purple variant. Should have an official announcement of it soon!

Yeah I saw that! Looks really cool, and I liked the score, so a definite purchase for me. Just need to wait for a US retailer to get it cheap. MOV is an "import" label, so shipping is usually a big factor.

3 hours ago, Holo said:

FWIW, the Hot Topic Antichrist I had doesn't sound nearly as good as the SV original pressing. Also, the best sounding pressing I have heard of Mechanical Animals was the Back to Black RP from 2008 even though the packaging is kinda lacking. I have a US OP of Holy Wood (though I would totally love the UK with bonus acoustic Nobodies) and it sounds surprisingly good for a record from 2001. I really hope that if they do get RP'd we get a proper lyric book or a nice insert because especially for a concept album those are nice to have. I haven't heard Golden Age and it's not one I like enough to buy at the current OOP price. I would buy Portrait if I found one for a fair price but from what I have heard the green pressing from the tshirt box sounds like shit so I want the SV.

I haven't heard the HT press of Antichrist, but the SV sounds great. No complaints at all. I also agree the Holy Wood sounds good too. However, my original blue/white copy of MA sounds very good. I never noticed it lacking anything. Maybe I should seek an '08 as well?

I can definitely agree on the green HT press of PoaAF. The green leaves much to be desired. I have the original and it blows the HT out of the water. Not even a comparison. I just keep the green because PoaAF is my favorite Manson album. Once I buy a record, I rarely sell it anyway (quality depending)

Just now, vinyl addict said:

I haven't heard the HT press of Antichrist, but the SV sounds great. No complaints at all. I also agree the Holy Wood sounds good too. However, my original blue/white copy of MA sounds very good. I never noticed it lacking anything. Maybe I should seek an '08 as well?

I can definitely agree on the green HT press of PoaAF. The green leaves much to be desired. I have the original and it blows the HT out of the water. Not even a comparison. I just keep the green because PoaAF is my favorite Manson album. Once I buy a record, I rarely sell it anyway (quality depending)

I haven't personally owned an OG Mechanical Animals but there was one at the local hifi (1k being the cheap stuff) gear store and I didn't think the pressing as as nice. That being said I wasn't A/Bing, but it just sounded really average. I really want Portrait but don't want to compromise for the HT garbage press. I have heard rumors that the source tapes for Antichrist aren't still around but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

4 minutes ago, travis said:

Alice should be up online soon, looking into why it's not up now.

The next Disney release will be Lilo and Stitch, I got copies today so I'll post some pics of that one shortly.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I love Lilo and Stitch!!! 

Edit: Is it going to have the Elvis songs?

Edited by crash53456
Question

12 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I would like to see Manson boxset of all his albums

I'd rather have individual releases : P

I would love to get what I am missing too. Might buy the middle stuff that wasn't ever pressed but I'd have to think about it. Wasn't my favorite but it is still pretty decent.

6 hours ago, DillingerEscapeAnt said:

Travis, sorry to be a pest, not sure if my post was missed, any chance of a HT exclusive for the new Dillinger Escape Plan album?

3 hours ago, antisyntax said:

hey travis, will there be an exclusive for bury your dead' beauty and the breakdown?

Nope and nope

22 hours ago, Cuttlefishprince said:

Hey this might be a dumb question. But do we know how many copies of FUTCT are being repressed??

I do

14 hours ago, ChasHawk said:

Hopefully at least 2,000

There is

4 hours ago, amandasue1213 said:

Is alice up yet?

55 minutes ago, rhcp02 said:

Alice never went up. Maybe nxt fri?

Hasn't gone online yet, not sure what the issue is but it should be up any day now