Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

as per usual, if anyone had heard anything about a release that big it'd be talked about here, /r/vinyl, and I'm sure some other vinyl news things would pick it up to. No news means that big label bureaucracy is going on if it is even in the works.

I mean, shh, we're all hiding the important information in a separate group chat for the cool kids.

Not like it'll sound particularly good if the FUTCT was anything to go off of...

Edited by Holo

On 2/23/2017 at 1:45 PM, Holo said:

as per usual, if anyone had heard anything about a release that big it'd be talked about here, /r/vinyl, and I'm sure some other vinyl news things would pick it up to. No news means that big label bureaucracy is going on if it is even in the works.

I mean, shh, we're all hiding the important information in a separate group chat for the cool kids.

Not like it'll sound particularly good if the FUTCT was anything to go off of...

Pretty sure that was an issue with the plates, not the fact that it was HT.

There is also a retail black pressing of Cork Tree that sounds just as shitty. 

40 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Pretty sure that was an issue with the plates, not the fact that it was HT.

There is also a retail black pressing of Cork Tree that sounds just as shitty. 

Obviously Hot Topic has no say in QC for the stuff they order, but when the target demo is likely to never even play the record the labels tend to get pretty sloppy.

28 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

The previous pressing had the same flaws, no?

No clue but the target demographic for Fall Out Boy (and similar bands) doesn't change based on what store it's sold in. If the masses had revolted against it and returned the majority of the initial shitty run and someone actually lost money on the pressing then they would consider making a change for the future. Since this shit flies off the shelves they have no reason to bother with spending any additional money to correct any problems for future pressings.