Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Late to all of this and catching up on RareLimiteds-gate. His website is the worst. $80 for the FJM deluxe which is still available for less than half that from the official FJM store. $100 for the Omerta pressing of Three 6 Mafia which you can still get from the Omerta website for $30. I hope he goes broke on all of these investments.

It's also nice to see every place he posts on reddit (specific subs etc.) reject him and ask mods to ban him.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

the word.  STOP.  UNSUBSCRIBE.

Kidding.  I appreciate the PM about this and I'm choosing to address it publicly, just in case anyone else misinterpreted my rant.  I'd also be curious to hear if anyone else read my soapbox post and felt like I was attacking STILLUNDERGROUND or coming off as ungrateful, because that definitely wasn't the intention.

I still don't know exactly what it is that you do within Hot Topic's reach, but that's not something I asked or feel the need to know the answer to, really.  I think it goes without saying that everyone in this thread greatly appreciates your contributions to this thread.  My post was aimed entirely at the greediest of the aftermarket flippers; if you go back and carefully read it, you'll see that I mentioned the situation is shitty no matter how it's approached.  I used an example of you dropping news of a repress one day before it goes up for sale vs. one month in advance, and how the outcome is unfortunate in either scenario, thanks to the nature of flipper-warriors who live and breathe on the boards.  I was never airing grievances about your posts or contributions and I apologize if that's what you took from my winded post.

"Marketing strategy" – or whatever phrase that I chose – was being used mostly facetiously.  Not counting the flippers who buy in bulk, I'm aware that your posts on VC do not account for a huge chunk of that ~1,000 stock flying off the shelf.  That's a given.  You don't owe any of us any information in this thread, and I think – I hope? – none of us feel entitled enough to think otherwise.  I don't think my post implied that, because I never intended to single you out or ridicule you.  But maybe I phrased something poorly, I don't know.  Either way, keep on doing what you're doing if you so choose – literally no one is complaining.

All good homie, appreciate the clarity and my apologies for taking it the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, i am also a collector and have been well before i worked at HT, so i also understand the frustrations of flippers and wish there was a better alternaitve. The board is a community that helps each other out (for the most part), so it's well respected by me.  I am happy to keep you guys up to date as much as i can. 

18 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Limit to one copy per person. Cancel the multiple copy orders. Simple stuff, bruh.

Couldn't agree more since seeing the impact of such policy at VMP, for example. Everyone has a chance to nab a copy of a record they're pining for and you don't have to worry about things literally selling out in 5 minutes because of flippers. Yes it does mean you might not be able to group together to reduce shipping costs when international shipping is ridiculous like Hot Topic's, but buying individually will probably still work out cheaper than being at the mercy of sad sacks like RareLimiteds.

Edit: This reminds me of when Andy Hull went through all the eBay listings etc. of the RAGC box set preorders and cancelled the orders of people already tripling the price. What a time to be alive.

Edited by The Taint Tickler

2 hours ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Late to all of this and catching up on RareLimiteds-gate. His website is the worst. $80 for the FJM deluxe which is still available for less than half that from the official FJM store. $100 for the Omerta pressing of Three 6 Mafia which you can still get from the Omerta website for $30. I hope he goes broke on all of these investments.

It's also nice to see every place he posts on reddit (specific subs etc.) reject him and ask mods to ban him.

This is CLASSIC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylCollectors/comments/5z8q7a/for_sale_software_digitaldance_limited_edition/?st=J08SHT2W&sh=7bf46d14

its still available on Bandcamp for $25 and he's trying to sell it on reddit for... well, I won't spoil the punchline.

17 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

This is CLASSIC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylCollectors/comments/5z8q7a/for_sale_software_digitaldance_limited_edition/?st=J08SHT2W&sh=7bf46d14

its still available on Bandcamp for $25 and he's trying to sell it on reddit for... well, I won't spoil the punchline.

But $27 shipped is a mere pittance less than his asking price. I have no idea where you're coming from on this one.

On a completely unrelated note, flippers are essentially the scum of the earth. Think I've scared a couple off with my ravenous fan-dom at the local shops.

Just checked out Rarelimiteds discogs. See that he/she jumped on that Have A Nice Life - Voids cassette I posted about and has all the Jane Live variants for $150 each. 

I suppose it's that old catch 22, all public information can be misappropriated. Sucks but cést la vie.

On 3/13/2017 at 5:33 PM, STILLUNDERGROUND said:

All good homie, appreciate the clarity and my apologies for taking it the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, i am also a collector and have been well before i worked at HT, so i also understand the frustrations of flippers and wish there was a better alternaitve. The board is a community that helps each other out (for the most part), so it's well respected by me.  I am happy to keep you guys up to date as much as i can. 

I just find it hilariously ironic that you were poking fun at a mistaken reaction someone had to a joke that could have been misinterpreted... and then you misunderstand a very clear and coherent post. Bravo haha.

Awesome, got my greedy, grubby hands on the Suicide Season.  So many page refreshes on my phone waiting on that one.  Just caught Horizon the other night in Chicago, too.  Awesome show, minus their setlist being nearly identical, if not identical, to their last U.S. tour.   Still a really good time though, and worth the road trip.