Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

2 hours ago, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Someone had BCR for sale on Discogs for 49.99. I put it in my cart and clicked Place Order, but in the 10 seconds it took me to do that, somebody else got it first. -_-

The universe really doesn't want me to have this record, or at least wants me to pay an obscene amount of money for it.

$50 is pretty obscene for BCR

2 hours ago, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Someone had BCR for sale on Discogs for 49.99. I put it in my cart and clicked Place Order, but in the 10 seconds it took me to do that, somebody else got it first. -_-

The universe really doesn't want me to have this record, or at least wants me to pay an obscene amount of money for it.

$50 is pretty obscene for BCR

7 minutes ago, niblips said:

damn it. I never look at this thread because ordering from Hot Topic is frickin expensive...is this the only thread that mentioned the BCR?

It was also mentioned here - but after it sold out. 

The first person to notice it was up posted in the Hot Topic thread. 

Got my BCR today. Pretty warped. Doesn't affect the play at all to my ears. Still a pretty big bummer. I've seen various mentions of guys using different methods to flatted warped records. Anyone personally have success with this?

On a side note. Was in Nashville this week and got a chance to tour through Third Man Records. Pretty cool stuff. 

1 hour ago, colossus52 said:

Got my BCR today. Pretty warped. Doesn't affect the play at all to my ears. Still a pretty big bummer. I've seen various mentions of guys using different methods to flatted warped records. Anyone personally have success with this?

On a side note. Was in Nashville this week and got a chance to tour through Third Man Records. Pretty cool stuff. 

If it doesn't affect play, don't try to flatten it, you may ruin your record.  Just get a record clamp and it'll help a bit.

3 hours ago, colossus52 said:

Passive methods are the safest, but might not be very effective. I just pack that particular shelf a little tighter and forget about the record for a while. So far, it's helped soothe a couple more exaggerated warps, but nothing that's affected play yet. If it's unplayable, I send it back. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

11 hours ago, colossus52 said:

I use my Vinyl Flat. A couple 4 hour sessions in the pouch and it's good and flat.

Is there any chance more BCR will go up? I've been refreshing the page religiously for the past week or so, since in the past some releases were pushed in waves, but I am beginning to lose hope. Worse case I guess I'll try in four years when/if they repress it again. 

Edited by PookdaddyG

7 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Is there any chance more BCR will go up? I've been refreshing the page religiously for the past week or so, since in the past some releases were pushed in waves, but I am beginning to lose hope. Worse case I guess I'll try in four years when/if they repress it again. 

It might and it'll probably be brief. Just keep checking. It definitely wouldn't be the first time HT posted something in waves.

3 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Anyone elses copy of Box Car skip on "And I"/ have super loud pops on a couple songs on the b-side? Cleaned it twice & it did not helped at all. Also does Hot Topic really not have a customer service email? Can't find one anywhere on their site

[email protected]

(from their website)

On 3/17/2017 at 11:39 AM, Andthejets27 said:

Anyone elses copy of Box Car skip on "And I"/ have super loud pops on a couple songs on the b-side? Cleaned it twice & it did not helped at all. Also does Hot Topic really not have a customer service email? Can't find one anywhere on their site

Mine has the exact same issue with the b-side