Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Birthday codes don't work on vinyl do they?

If so, why have a birthday at all?

Yeah but if you walk into a Hot Topic and yell "I WISH I WAS NEVER EVEN BORN" at the employees they'll be like "Yeah, you and every other 15 year old who shops here. My Chemical Romance shirts are over there."

Confirmed yesterday that Belden Village Mall in Canton, OH is going to be getting rid of vinyl.  They were having a "buy one get one 50% off" sale on all vinyl.  I personally couldn't find anything I wanted, but yeah.  Thought I'd let people in the area know.

one of the stores in my area said the same thing the other day. Theres no way there could be phasing out vinyl could they? Travis?

yeah, at the end of the year. Not sure if it's just retail or both retail and online.

Well the Concord store I used to work at hasn't really been getting stuff lately but then again I haven't been there in a while since I left but we usually got every release. I'm sure once they realize how much money they'll be losing out on they'll fix it. What happened to the tag line "All about the music"? Such bullshit

Well the Concord store I used to work at hasn't really been getting stuff lately but then again I haven't been there in a while since I left but we usually got every release. I'm sure once they realize how much money they'll be losing out on they'll fix it. What happened to the tag line "All about the music"? Such bullshit

yeah the concord store always got every single release. Yeah idk, I heard that not only vinyl will be cut entirely but the whole music side of things will slowly phase out. Letting ht focus on all that pop culture stuff instead.

yeah the concord store always got every single release. Yeah idk, I heard that not only vinyl will be cut entirely but the whole music side of things will slowly phase out. Letting ht focus on all that pop culture stuff instead.

That's such a stupid move. I feel like everyone would boycott. If that happens I'll start a petition. So does this mean Travis is out of a job? That's fucked. Any thoughts Travis?

Hey Travis,

I travel a ton for my job, all around the Country. I like to check out Hot Topics in various states for vinyl... The consensus I have been receiving from every store manager I have talked to in five states this last month has been "We are phasing out of vinyl in store entirely.... soon our online inventory will only be major, 21 Pilots-ish releases."

Confirm or deny? I think everyone would love to put this rumor to bed, one way or another.

@throughbeingcruel... a year a ago, I would've said you were absolutely right.... but the physical music inventory in stores has been reduced to absolutely nothing, with almost everything still in the store being marked down or clearanced out... kinda hard to argue with the writing on the wa.... sales floor. Out of the five major markets I have been in for the last five weeks, not one of them has received a new vinyl release since The Get Up Kids... You would think if the plan was to keep vinyl in stock, they would at least have hot releases like Panic at the Disco shipping into actual stores.. I have only heard of one store in the country who actually received any of that album.

Vinyl looks to be all but over in stores, unless Travis can explain otherwise.