Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

@throughbeingcruel... a year a ago, I would've said you were absolutely right.... but the physical music inventory in stores has been reduced to absolutely nothing, with almost everything still in the store being marked down or clearanced out... kinda hard to argue with the writing on the wa.... sales floor. Out of the five major markets I have been in for the last five weeks, not one of them has received a new vinyl release since The Get Up Kids... You would think if the plan was to keep vinyl in stock, they would at least have hot releases like Panic at the Disco shipping into actual stores.. I have only heard of one store in the country who actually received any of that album.

Vinyl looks to be all but over in stores, unless Travis can explain otherwise.

No stores got panic actually. He said they didn't get a full supply so they were online only at the moment.

Store by me is still getting records btw

@throughbeingcruel... a year a ago, I would've said you were absolutely right.... but the physical music inventory in stores has been reduced to absolutely nothing, with almost everything still in the store being marked down or clearanced out... kinda hard to argue with the writing on the wa.... sales floor. Out of the five major markets I have been in for the last five weeks, not one of them has received a new vinyl release since The Get Up Kids... You would think if the plan was to keep vinyl in stock, they would at least have hot releases like Panic at the Disco shipping into actual stores.. I have only heard of one store in the country who actually received any of that album.

Vinyl looks to be all but over in stores, unless Travis can explain otherwise.

My store hasn't ever had more than 10 or 15 records at once, and it slowly dropped down to under 10 over a couple years. Ever since then, they've consistently kept them around. I order tons of records and have them shipped to the store, and the manager has never mentioned them phasing it out, not once in three years.

My store hasn't ever had more than 10 or 15 records at once, and it slowly dropped down to under 10 over a couple years. Ever since then, they've consistently kept them around. I order tons of records and have them shipped to the store, and the manager has never mentioned them phasing it out, not once in three years.

There is a reason Travis doesnt respond to any of this. He knows Hot Topic is getting rid of vinyl or they havent told him yet. He has posted lists of stores that have a certain vinyl in stock that have been telling me for months hot topic is getting rid of vinyl. I know because i have gone to those locations to pick up a copy when he posts the lists & i quit going because all the stores keep telling me they dont sell vinyl anymore even though his lists say the store has a record in stock. Even had a HT employee tell me they have never sold vinyl @ their store even though i used to purchase records from that location on a regular basis.

There is a reason Travis doesnt respond to any of this. He knows Hot Topic is getting rid of vinyl or they havent told him yet. He has posted lists of stores that have a certain vinyl in stock that have been telling me for months hot topic is getting rid of vinyl. I know because i have gone to those locations to pick up a copy when he posts the lists & i quit going because all the stores keep telling me they dont sell vinyl anymore even though his lists say the store has a record in stock. Even had a HT employee tell me they have never sold vinyl @ their store even though i used to purchase records from that location on a regular basis.

Yep, you nailed it. Travis is sending you on a wild goose chase. It's no fun now that you know, so he'll have to choose another unsuspecting dingleberry.

There hasn't been any news on Robbin' the Hood, right?

this is a bit off topic but since all we keep hearing about RTH is any day now and that's been a grip ago i thought i would mention if you haven't heard already that a sublime 180 g LP box set containing the studio albums with lenticular aka (3D) album covers is being released very soon

He ain't going to/able to respond because it would mean the end of this thread. He's the Peyton Manning of vinyl Ambassadorship... as long as people are talking about Hot Topic, people are talking about Hot Topic... admitting it's over in retail would just make people start talking about something else... like what better things we should be doing with our lives than sitting on dusty mall floors digging through that very last crate while Falling In Reverse earrapes us.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were slowly phasing out in store vinyl in favor of online sales. It also wouldn't surprise me if Travis wasn't allowed to publicly share that information. It seems like their online exclusives sell pretty well (that's just from casually following this thread) but from what I've heard from people I've known who worked at hot topics vinyl isn't a big in store seller. Brick and mortar retail space isn't cheap and they need to fill that space with shit that moves.

He doesn't have to do anything

No he doesnt -- So why does everyone keep asking him about it when he seems to be intentionally not responding to those questions? He's been dodging these questions for like 6 months. He's not going to answer until he wants to or can. I am assuming he knows HT is phasing out vinyl completely & HT isnt allowing him to tell us. Most likely because they want us to buy the shit they already paid to have pressed before they piss everyone off by discontinuing vinyl sales.

Yeah my friends and i have been talking about this for the past couple of months now. In south FL we have Sawgrass, Dolphin, Pembroke, and Aventura and we have seen their record displays dwindle down to just one crate now. In a way i am kind of glad that they will stop carrying in stores. I have seen too many records get destroyed either from poor display/storage to just customer abuse. Marred edges, ripped jackets, bent records are no fun to look at much less purchase. I remember in 2011-12 the displays were a lot better as the records were not stacked or pressed so tightly then those awful bins came along.

I've been in Hot Topic maybe 4 times in the last 5 years. Every time there's been like a dozen copies of the same A7X album and even more of the same Korn album. Simply a statement of facts.

If you want me to add commentary: they suck.

Never seen an A7X or Korn record in my store, so it looks like their allocation is similar to RSD allocation: fuck it.

I've been in Hot Topic maybe 4 times in the last 5 years. Every time there's been like a dozen copies of the same A7X album and even more of the same Korn album. Simply a statement of facts.

If you want me to add commentary: they suck.

Never seen Korn near me. Theres 1 A7X album though