Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

In my opinion it more or less sounds like they're still going to keep up with the HT exclusives and maybe phase out the normal releases that are sold in every other store and on every other website. I could be completely wrong but thats what it sounds like to me.

Much more plausible than phasing out everything, considering they have multiple exclusive variants coming (Saosin, Moose Blood, Real Friends, etc.).

what i was told, not just by a part time high school store employee, was that the vinyl would be gone by the end of the year. maybe that is only stores. idk.

was also told that hot topic would slowly shift away from music. incase anyone is unaware, hot topic has been opening stores by the name of "Box Lunch" which seems to be much more of the pop cultrure, funko, etc. stuff.. while box lunch does have vinyl on their site, its much more of an urban outfitters selection/feel.

basically who knows what the hell is going on, and travis obviously doesnt want to share any information yet. which makes total sense.

what i was told, not just by a part time high school store employee, was that the vinyl would be gone by the end of the year. maybe that is only stores. idk.

was also told that hot topic would slowly shift away from music. incase anyone is unaware, hot topic has been opening stores by the name of "Box Lunch" which seems to be much more of the pop cultrure, funko, etc. stuff.. while box lunch does have vinyl on their site, its much more of an urban outfitters selection/feel.

basically who knows what the hell is going on, and travis obviously doesnt want to share any information yet. which makes total sense.

I just looked up the company box lunch, same exact website design as HT

I just looked up the company box lunch, same exact website design as HT

GraywhaleSLC.com had the same layout as BullMoose.com. And for fucking years, EB Games had the same layout as GameStop. Hell, it may still. Offshoot companies like that usually share the same web designer as the parent company. Not discrediting you guys, just making a point.

GraywhaleSLC.com had the same layout as BullMoose.com. And for fucking years, EB Games had the same layout as GameStop. Hell, it may still. Offshoot companies like that usually share the same web designer as the parent company. Not discrediting you guys, just making a point.

i hear you. but its a fact that hot topic owns "box lunch"

I cant find the vinyl on the website? Not trying to cause panic. I check the site once per month or so, but I couldent find the vinyl on the hot topic website when I checked today. This just me?

They take it down during hot cash, once it's over they'll put it back up. Nothing to get worked up about.

Think back a couple years ago, for the OM&M release of 'The Flood'- 7" + 12" on grey marble. Both HT and merchnow had a copy. Would the barcode be different for both releases? Because there is 2 different barcodes for the same variant / release. Why would that be?

Barcode: 8 50537 00442 8   (2nd pressing limited to 1,000)

HTcode:   8 19531 01178 8   (then what would this be and the pressing numbers) if it was a Ht 'exclusive'.

A manager at the store in my area which USED to have the largest vinyl selection around, told me that they are slowly phasing out records (even though they sell pretty well) because they cannot complete with the amount of floor space that Urban Outfitters dedicates to record sales.

The thing I don't get about this, is that I've never seen a single person walk out of UO with a record, and I've never seen more than 1 or 2 people browsing the giant section of top 40 crap, and obscure $10 records that UO has taking up a huge chunk of the store.

Orland Square?

Noticed that Orland Square is getting a smaller and smaller selection. One of my friends was talking to a manager about it and he said the same thing others have mentioned in here about the Box Lunch store. So I'm curious if everything ends up online or in the Box Lunch stores.