Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

14 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Be careful if you're interested in that Star Wars Episode IV soundtrack... think it's the same (or IS) as the EU repress. Amazon(UK) reviews have been pretty negative, with sound quality being poor and the images on the jacket being low quality.

Dang I was just thinking about buying it. 

Know of if any good presses of the original trilogy?

6 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

Dang I was just thinking about buying it. 

Know of if any good presses of the original trilogy?

Yeah, I bought one before the reviews were showing, luckily it got lost in shipping so I got a refund. Kind of a shame, I like the I Am Shark prequel colored vinyl so I was hoping to add these individual "gold" presses so I could have the original trilogy as well. But I'm probably going to try and sell those and just buy the recent Episodes 1-6 box set.

The "first" pressings (around the movie release years, '77, '80, '83) :P. I haven't seen or heard complaints of the box set, so that seems like the only other "good" option.

6 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Yeah, I bought one before the reviews were showing, luckily it got lost in shipping so I got a refund. Kind of a shame, I like the I Am Shark prequel colored vinyl so I was hoping to add these individual "gold" presses so I could have the original trilogy as well. But I'm probably going to try and sell those and just buy the recent Episodes 1-6 box set.

The "first" pressings (around the movie release years, '77, '80, '83) :P. I haven't seen or heard complaints of the box set, so that seems like the only other "good" option.

Lol. I was hoping to get the box set before I got the prequels from I am shark too

2 hours ago, Claw1400 said:

Hey Travis - was wondering, is Yellowcard's new self-titled record going to have a Hot Topic exclusive? Haven't seen you post anything, but also didn't look too much. Thanks!

Nope, nothing exclusive but HT should have gray vinyl online on street date.

13 hours ago, zombiesforlunch said:

Hey Travis,

I was just wondering if you had anymore details on the Bring Me The Horizon stuff you mentioned you were working on back in June?? Thanks!

Last I heard they were still coming 10/21

Suicide Season on exclusive red/white swirl

There Is A Hell on exclusive black/white swirl

HT will also be carrying the Edge of Your Seat 12" and Count Your Blessings on non-exclusive black vinyl also set for 10/21

3 minutes ago, travis said:

Last I heard they were still coming 10/21

Suicide Season on exclusive red/white swirl

There Is A Hell on exclusive black/white swirl

HT will also be carrying the Edge of Your Seat 12" and Count Your Blessings on non-exclusive black vinyl also set for 10/21

So first chance to get the debut EP withought buying the box?

47 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

So first chance to get the debut EP withought buying the box?

It's been out individually for a while!

https://www.amazon.com/This-What-Edge-Your-Seat/dp/B017WXJ5DA/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1474567602&sr=1-1&keywords=this+is+what+the+edge+of+your+seat+was+made+for+vinyl

4 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Damn, didn't know that. I've got the box so I don't need it. 

And holy hell, that's a lot for that EP. Being a big BMTH fan, I still couldn't pay that much for it. There's no vinyl mastering engineer on earth that could make that EP sound good. 

On 9/20/2016 at 5:00 AM, jeffthomas84 said:

Travis, anymore info on the Suicide Squad Exclusive release date?

You may know, but FYE will have an exclusive Pic Disc version. So, so far, that is 3 variants(?) - Hot Topic Purple - Standard Black - and the FYE Pic Discs. For me, it seems DCEU soundtrack collecting is going to get expensive, haha.

33 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

You may know, but FYE will have an exclusive Pic Disc version. So, so far, that is 3 variants(?) - Hot Topic Purple - Standard Black - and the FYE Pic Discs. For me, it seems DCEU soundtrack collecting is going to get expensive, haha.

Haha, hitting the wallet hard indeed...Yes I did see the FYE pic disc, might end up picking it up later, just not crazy about Pic Discs 

I did a search, so pardon me if this has already been explained .... last night I found myself in a mall and thought I would go into hot topic just to see what was available, only to find that they had no records because a couple of weeks ago they had ALL been marked down to $5 and sold out ... she said it was all stores ...

WHAT?! How did I miss that??

Edited by Vinyl Fury

15 hours ago, ryanw said:

Hey Travis- because HT has be repressing some Fall Out Boy records, I was wondering if you know if there's gonna be any repressing of some of the HT exclusive panic! vinyl? 

There's a thread on here about all the Panic reissues coming and it's all over this thread as well.

All 4 albums being repressed in Oct on black vinyl and Hot Topic will be the only place to get the colored vinyl for them. 

On 9/23/2016 at 11:46 AM, Vinyl Fury said:

I did a search, so pardon me if this has already been explained .... last night I found myself in a mall and thought I would go into hot topic just to see what was available, only to find that they had no records because a couple of weeks ago they had ALL been marked down to $5 and sold out ... she said it was all stores ...

WHAT?! How did I miss that??

By actively not paying attention for the last several months?