Jump to content
Buffbloom

Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Colton said:

I got my copy of Panic's AFYCSO today and each corner is considerably dinged up. One even has a bit of a crease. Has this happened to anyone else and how does Hot Topic usually handle it? I feel like if I try to send it back it'll be sold out before it even gets there for me to get a replacement. Also the last time I got a replacement from someone it came in even worse condition than the first.

How does it sound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Colton said:

I got my copy of Panic's AFYCSO today and each corner is considerably dinged up. One even has a bit of a crease. Has this happened to anyone else and how does Hot Topic usually handle it? I feel like if I try to send it back it'll be sold out before it even gets there for me to get a replacement. Also the last time I got a replacement from someone it came in even worse condition than the first.

Mine had one crushed corner. Definitely not awesome.  I was trying to upload a pic but couldnt figure it out. You can see it on my IG (same handle) if you want. It's very noticeable and considering I waited 6 months for this, very disappointing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jihadpizza said:

Mine had one crushed corner. Definitely not awesome.  I was trying to upload a pic but couldnt figure it out. You can see it on my IG (same handle) if you want. It's very noticeable and considering I waited 6 months for this, very disappointing. 

 

18580006_239281939884179_162462763519364

 

Mine is the same. Same corner and everything. Hot Topic email support is pretty bad so I may just suck it up since I have an OG pressing anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, salvanipour said:

 

 

Mine is the same. Same corner and everything. Hot Topic email support is pretty bad so I may just suck it up since I have an OG pressing anyways.

I only hear good things about their customer support. What do you want them to do about your corner ding anyways? Iron it out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Variant doesn't actually look terrible based on that photo above.  Speaking from aesthetics, the black contrasts the red on the vinyl just like it does on the album art.  Don't really care, myself, but still find it highly amusing that the one guy joined VC just to say it's the ugliest colorway he's ever seen, in the dedicated thread for this repress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Saint said:

The artwork is super pixelated, right? I'm not the only one seeing it? It looks like it's just blown up CD artwork or something except for the track list text on the back, which is surprisingly clear. Don't know why that is clear but the text on the front is not. 

My framed copies both look fine (one sealed, one opened)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Saint said:

The artwork is super pixelated, right? I'm not the only one seeing it? It looks like it's just blown up CD artwork or something except for the track list text on the back, which is surprisingly clear. Don't know why that is clear but the text on the front is not. 

I think that's the style. My OG pressing looks to be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I only hear good things about their customer support. What do you want them to do about your corner ding anyways? Iron it out? 

My last batch of records came badly damaged and there was a bit of classic "who's on first" going on. Calling them was great, though, and everything was taken care of. Also if they could throw in a sandwich with that corner ding fix I'd be one happy camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×