The Beer Thread

23 hours ago, batman said:

@hippielauryn Weathered Souls is legittttt. Who Got the Juice Now is so good. Wish I could take some home with me. 

Edit: just got a growler can. What. 

Yup. Crowlers are now legal in Texas. Glad you enjoyed it. Drink it soonish. Their canning skills aren't that great, but hopefully they will learn and get better. 

6 hours ago, hippielauryn said:

Yup. Crowlers are now legal in Texas. Glad you enjoyed it. Drink it soonish. Their canning skills aren't that great, but hopefully they will learn and get better. 

i didn't know "crowlers" were even a thing. blew my mind a little bit. sharing it w/ the wife now! 

GKMjfJc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I don't know much about NYC beer outside of a handful of really well known beer bars. I'll ask my super beer nerd buddy. 

I'd appreciate it!  I'm mainly looking for beer I can't get on this side of the country, don't really care where it's brewed :)

• 1 month later...

Dogfish Head finally started distributing to Alabama this week...I assumed it would only be available at craft beer stores...I gasped when I ran into an endcap of 60-minute and 90-minute at my grocery store this evening.   I drank the last of my 90-minute in early January...didn't have to wait nearly as long as I thought to restock 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heading to VT Friday - Monday. Will mostly be near Middlesbury, Waitsfield, Stowe. Looking to grab some Sip of Sunshine and any other delicious brews. I'm aware of a handful of choice VT brews (heady topper, SoS, 2x Sunshine) but wanted to reach out and see if theres anything I should keep my eye open for in the area. Thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, David The Gnome said:

Heading to VT Friday - Monday. Will mostly be near Middlesbury, Waitsfield, Stowe. Looking to grab some Sip of Sunshine and any other delicious brews. I'm aware of a handful of choice VT brews (heady topper, SoS, 2x Sunshine) but wanted to reach out and see if theres anything I should keep my eye open for in the area. Thanks in advance! 

Hill Farmstead!!

I lived in VT for about 15 years. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions!

Hill Farmstead is about an hour or so from Stowe, but the lines can be long. It is your best, and generally only bet, if you want to have Hill without going to a beer bar.  If you are cool with consuming it in a bar you don't generally need to drive that far. Prohibition Pig, Blackback Pub and Mad Taco are your best beer bars in the Stowe/Waterbury area. The Bench and The Reservoir are pretty solid as well.  

If you can travel near the Stowe area get up to the Mule Bar in Winooski (The Monkey next door also often has a great list) or down Three Penny Taproom in Montpelier. Both are about 20 minutes from Stowe are your best bet for beer lists full of great local stuff. Getting Alchemist beer is easy, just go there. Lawson's can be trickier but shouldn't be too bad. Just ask a bar tender at any of the bars with a decent list. 

Foam (in Burlington) and Frost (in Hinesburg) are less sought after but do decent beer. River Roost has been getting some love but they opened after I moved.

On 7/16/2017 at 3:05 PM, batman said:

Hill Farmstead!!

On 7/16/2017 at 8:41 PM, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I lived in VT for about 15 years. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions!

Hill Farmstead is about an hour or so from Stowe, but the lines can be long. It is your best, and generally only bet, if you want to have Hill without going to a beer bar.  If you are cool with consuming it in a bar you don't generally need to drive that far. Prohibition Pig, Blackback Pub and Mad Taco are your best beer bars in the Stowe/Waterbury area. The Bench and The Reservoir are pretty solid as well.  

If you can travel near the Stowe area get up to the Mule Bar in Winooski (The Monkey next door also often has a great list) or down Three Penny Taproom in Montpelier. Both are about 20 minutes from Stowe are your best bet for beer lists full of great local stuff. Getting Alchemist beer is easy, just go there. Lawson's can be trickier but shouldn't be too bad. Just ask a bar tender at any of the bars with a decent list. 

Foam (in Burlington) and Frost (in Hinesburg) are less sought after but do decent beer. River Roost has been getting some love but they opened after I moved.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll let ya know what I end up getting my hands on.