The Beer Thread

Tonight: A few Fat Tires, a few Coronas, then went to a bar afterward with some friends and got some Firestone Double Barrel on tap.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of this:

[image]

I went the Dead Guy Ale route as well, but I got the cool little half gallon jug:

[image]

Tried this for the first time the other night:

[image]

along with the Bourbon Cherry Stout from Central waters, and they were absolutely fantastic. I don't know if you can find this outside of Wisconsin, but for the sake of everyone here I hope so.

As far as imports go, I'm a pretty big fan of this guy:

[image]

Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbier

My fridge usually has at least one of these too haha:

[image]

the 8.1% abv of course.

Sam Adams Summer Ale w/ lime (no lemons in the house)...recommended to try it like by a fellow VC'er! And it's mad good!

I think I love all things Sam Adams. The brewery tour rules #1!

What about this:

[image]

14% Alcohol and tastes like shit...Almost like if you put soy sauce in a glass jar and added some wine and sugar.. I like seasonal ports, but damn... as that would be the closest thing since ports, you have to acclamate yourself to them. I bought a 6 pack for $35 and it sucked... it was only brewed 2 other times before and 97' was the last year. I tried get use to it, but i couldn't...i tried it with chocolate too and still nothing... anyone else try this?

I think I love all things Sam Adams. The brewery tour rules #1!

What about this:

[image]

14% Alcohol and tastes like shit...Almost like if you put soy sauce in a glass jar and added some wine and sugar.. I like seasonal ports, but damn... as that would be the closest thing since ports, you have to acclamate yourself to them. I bought a 6 pack for $35 and it sucked... it was only brewed 2 other times before and 97' was the last year. I tried get use to it, but i couldn't...i tried it with chocolate too and still nothing... anyone else try this?

This is the worst beer or alcohol-related thing I've ever tasted.

yup yup... it's been too long, especially since there are tons of VCers who are drinking