The Beer Thread

This place in Elgin is doing a 12 beers of Christmas promotion. If you have all 12 by Christmas, you get a free hat. I don't care about the hat, I'm gonna drink lots of beer.

Only place I've ever been in Elgin was Mad Maggies to see my friend play a show.

Maggies was a cool place. In the beginning at least. They used to pay real well. They went to shit real quick before closing.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
New Holland Mad Hatter IPA right now. Awesome shit.

Imperial Mad Hatter is the best, the other bagillion they make of this line are awesome as well.

A buddy of mine goes to the brewery in the summertime when they have these all out and gets the sampler special and gets drunk as balls on all of them. I'm going with him next time. Last night was my first Mad Hatter. I'm hooked.

• 3 weeks later...
BUD LIGHT PLATINUM

the taste of bud light

the heavieness of budweiser

and the alc volume of a beer that counts

Nailed it. I tried it, and it's ehhh at best. I never liked Bud Light, the pure lack of taste turned me away. This new stuff I can only see as being good for straight chugging with the intent to puke and/or bang ugly chicks.

I would put it one notch above regular bud light which isn't saying much. It was a tad overpriced too, 7 bucks for a six pack when it should be 4 or 5 bucks for a 6 pack of 16ozers.

i wish Amber would come back to talk about her unfortunately poor experience with magic hat vinyl amber ale. what should have been her favorite beer ever, she gave a 5/10. sad.