Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

2 hours ago, MikePortly said:

I like when a record color matches with the artwork and since the cover is just black and white I figured white vinyl would be fitting.  I know better than to expect crazy multicolored vinyl from Epitaph.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

something leads me believe you don't have that many uniquely colored records and/or lack imagination

I'm a fan of solid colors.. It's getting kind of old with all of these starburts, splits, smashes and splatters.  It doesn't deter me from buying them, but I'll take a clear or opaque over them any day.

Edited by curator

3 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Clear bores the hell out of me, and splatter became annoying a long time ago.

I like colorful combinations that match the artwork or are at least unique.

Smashes, splits, color in color, tri-color, striped...all still good with me.

Couldn't agree more on splatters. Hot Topic ran that shit into the ground. 

22 minutes ago, MikePortly said:

I guess white vinyl does have kind of a different maybe softer type sound, true.  I was just being realistic in my expectations.  There weren't many crazy colors with all those represses in the first big wave.

In most cases, it has a ton of surface noise... don't really know what a softer sound would sound like. 

45 minutes ago, MikePortly said:

Not as lively I guess.  Sheesh, you really have it out for me huh? Lol.

Why is that?  Why does white vinyl have more surface noise?

I don't have it out for you at all, dude. Saying you want an album on white vinyl, then saying it has a softer sound literally makes zero sense but obviously you can't fathom that so you assume I'm attacking you. Don't let that wind take you away, snowflake. 

1 minute ago, Satan said:

And I will tell you right now - that the white vinyl surface noise thing is pure bullshit. 

Most of mine do have a bit of surface noise, but there are a couple that sound perfect. I guess it's the same as picture discs, I have a couple that sound fucking great but most aren't. 

Also, totally just realized you've been following me on IG forever haha. 

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread, but Millencolin's Pennybridge and Life On A Plate got new pressings.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/millencolin/

Not sure how new the Life On A Plate one is, but got an email about Pennybridge.  They offer media so it came to about $25ppd.

21 minutes ago, curator said:

Didn't want to start a new thread, but Millencolin's Pennybridge and Life On A Plate got new pressings.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/millencolin/

Not sure how new the Life On A Plate one is, but got an email about Pennybridge.  They offer media so it came to about $25ppd.

It would be awesome if we get a reissue of Home from Home and Kingwood instead of that ): 

• 10 months later...
On 3/9/2018 at 1:39 AM, nico said:

Did Pennywise - Full Circle got repressed?  I noticed seller selling multiple mint sealed copies. But instead of spending 30 dollars for a copy and pay 23 dollars shipping. I much rather get a copy domestically. 

im guessing so.....found one on ebay for hell cheap.....guessing its been repressed

On 3/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, nico said:

Did Pennywise - Full Circle got repressed?  I noticed seller selling multiple mint sealed copies. But instead of spending 30 dollars for a copy and pay 23 dollars shipping. I much rather get a copy domestically. 

I don't think so, actually.  There are no represses listed on Discogs, and the copy I own is the original on black vinyl.  If it was repressed I think I would have tried to buy it.

8 hours ago, kyacrash said:

I don't think so, actually.  There are no represses listed on Discogs, and the copy I own is the original on black vinyl.  If it was repressed I think I would have tried to buy it.

quite a few have appeared on discogs and ebay recently around the $20-30 mark and mostly sealed.....given it usually hangs around $50-70us Im guessing that its either been repressed or someone has made a boot

either way i ordered one so ill report back and see if there are any differences to the Discogs listing

8 minutes ago, snowynz said:

Cheers man. Will have to look into that. Been waiting for it to pop up on wowhd as they have everything else but no sign as yet. Been buying so much off them lately I may as well set up a trade account

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up one of those cheaper Full Circles that have been floating around.....Arrived sealed so i thought it was a repress for sure.......Turns out everything matches to the OG press. The record itself must have moved around a bit over the years because its got a heap of hairline scratches that dont affect sound.....

Bargain or a reseal.....Either way im spinning it now and im stoked

On March 27, 2018 at 1:50 AM, piky0032 said:

Picked up one of those cheaper Full Circles that have been floating around.....Arrived sealed so i thought it was a repress for sure.......Turns out everything matches to the OG press. The record itself must have moved around a bit over the years because its got a heap of hairline scratches that dont affect sound.....

Bargain or a reseal.....Either way im spinning it now and im stoked

Hey, were you able to compare the matrix to the OG press? What about the cover or the center label - any small difference noticeable?