Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Dammit Gumbo. I told you I had ITTCT CDs I could have sold you. You overpaying sumbitch lol.

The original band releases?? ahhh damnit. Oh well. I got caught up in the "HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ALMOST GONE" frenzy of looking at that page last night. Fack. At least I'm supporting the band, and they were only $10 anyway.

I haven't been on here in foreva, but thought it was worth noting that I'm finally seeing TWDY live

Me too!!! They're playing A Colossal Weekend in Copenhagen in May with Cult of Luna and PG.Lost!!! Booking my plane tickets probably this weekend. If anybody still is interested, I have a great host lined up and plane tickets are only $600 from JFK.

Yeah, grabbing this when it goes back up.

I probably won't be around a computer when it hits, but if someone could grab me one, I would be super thankful! :D :D :D They look beautiful.

The original band releases?? ahhh damnit. Oh well. I got caught up in the "HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ALMOST GONE" frenzy of looking at that page last night. Fack. At least I'm supporting the band, and they were only $10 anyway.

Me too!!! They're playing A Colossal Weekend in Copenhagen in May with Cult of Luna and PG.Lost!!! Booking my plane tickets probably this weekend. If anybody still is interested, I have a great host lined up and plane tickets are only $600 from JFK.

I probably won't be around a computer when it hits, but if someone could grab me one, I would be super thankful! :D :D :D They look beautiful.

It's back up Gumbie.

somebody buy this for me! I'm always at work at that time... I don't get home until like 7:30 almost every night. Grrrr!!!

Just got my Astralia package today too! 2 shirts and CD's of their 2 records. Can't wait to spin them at work tomorrow, and rock the shirts this weekend.

Also did my Spurv order last night :D Going to go for Skarntyde this weekend from Tigernet, along with a bunch more Cult of Luna shit.

This is an expensive fucking moth.

Triple post. Turns out, my copy of Ausserwelt came scratched on both sides A AND Side D. Side A right at the end, I can live with. But Side D is a huge abrasion scuff that lasts for a good 2 minutes. I'm going to time it later when I take video for Wout.

He's such a nice dude, I feel terrible asking for a replacement copy, but... Ausserwelt all scratched up... I just can't.

Grrrrr!!!!

Okay, so... you guy sever heard of this band?

Silent Whale Becomes a Dream

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

post-rock from France. Hitting all the right spots. Oh yeah.

I think they've been mentioned about 8 times in this thread.  I also skimmed this post and found them with minimal effort, too.  I think Don or someone else commented that they've released a new track recently, for the first time in a long bit.

You know Gumbo doesn't know how to check OP.

I think he's just overly excited to share what he's currently just discovered.  Which is cool, I guess – you've gotta' spread the love or whatever. But it's just goofy when those same posts are prefaced with "Holy shit!  Have you guys heard of [band]?!" or "FUCK ME!  WHY DID NO ONE ELSE TELL ME ABOUT [band] BEFORE?"

I mean, it's there.  VC [advanced] Search is a hell of a thing, too.

Listened to Spurv earlier. That album got better and better with each track. Reminded me of something like Shy, Low mixed with Silent Whale. I've heard Spurv thrown around for a while. Don't know why I overlooked that one.

Okay, so... you guy sever heard of this band?

Silent Whale Becomes a Dream

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

post-rock from France. Hitting all the right spots. Oh yeah.

I'm excited when I find new bands, and am excited when others discover new bands, but it's safe to assume at least one other person here has heard them before.

I think he's just overly excited to share what he's currently just discovered. Which is cool, I guess – you've gotta' spread the love or whatever. But it's just goofy when those same posts are prefaced with "Holy shit! Have you guys heard of [band]?!" or "FUCK ME! WHY DID NO ONE ELSE TELL ME ABOUT [band] BEFORE?"

I mean, it's there. VC [advanced] Search is a hell of a thing, too.

Classic flavor Gumbo.

You know Gumbo doesn't know how to check OP.

I never think to! It's easier to outsource this stuff to you guys.

Plus, I was getting worried. Nobody was posting! 4 freaking days!

But you're totally right, when I get excited about something new for me that I've just discovered, everything else falls away! Who needs critical thinking when there's another band with reverb guitars and string orchestration doing slow, anthemic builds?!

• jhulud locked this topic