Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

16 hours ago, omik11303 said:

Like I said, I'm definitely in, but I wouldn't be able to spearhead it. Judging by how little known these guys are, I think we can afford to wait until our other thread regulars chime in with their takes.

I will say, though, the pics of the vinyl on the Bandcamp page are absolutely beautiful. Between the screen-print, the matte black, the 180g wax, and the hand-numbering, I know I, at least, will be picking one up regardless.

I don't see the information about the vinyl on the band camp page, but I gave it a listen and that's a must buy!

13 minutes ago, adamha21 said:

I don't see the information about the vinyl on the band camp page, but I gave it a listen and that's a must buy!

Hmmm...looks like they removed it. Not sure why. At any rate, I sent Tim at Dingleberry a note (I've bought from him before) so I'll let you guys know when I receive the quote.

14 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

fuuuuuuuuck!!!!  all these records i want are disappearing.  First the clear green of Viva Belgrado's "Flores, Carne" from a distro over here in the USA, now this....  grrrrr

Even the bands you like think you should get a half decent table first.

22 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i hope it's not because they're all gone......

Nope, Tim's got plenty and I have one on hold on a potential trade from Gabor @ Paprika Records, but I'm probably gonna have to drop that one because I'm also gonna grab a Black Hourglass 10" from Tim that I've been wanting for a while. If you're fine with waiting there will be more up on Discogs within the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, omik11303 said:

Nope, Tim's got plenty and I have one on hold on a potential trade from Gabor @ Paprika Records, but I'm probably gonna have to drop that one because I'm also gonna grab a Black Hourglass 10" from Tim that I've been wanting for a while. If you're fine with waiting there will be more up on Discogs within the next couple of weeks.

Yeahhhhh but the discogs ones are inflated!  Unless he won't be selling them above cost?  There were 3 on Discogs, now only 1, but everyone was selling them for 35euros and I'm pretttttttty sure on Bandcamp they were only 20?  Regardless,  I definitely want one of these.  So however that can happen, please mark me down. 

4 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Even the bands you like think you should get a half decent table first.

Happening soon!  There's a store down in Poughkeepsie called Darkside Records and I have a 10% off coupon for any new turntable in the month of January.  I just can't decide yet between the Orbit or the Carbon Debut....   they had both, plus some others that looked really nice. 

15 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeahhhhh but the discogs ones are inflated!  Unless he won't be selling them above cost?  There were 3 on Discogs, now only 1, but everyone was selling them for 35euros and I'm pretttttttty sure on Bandcamp they were only 20?  Regardless,  I definitely want one of these.  So however that can happen, please mark me down.

20euro +10euro shipping. Shoot him a note: [email protected]

1 hour ago, omik11303 said:

20euro +10euro shipping. Shoot him a note: [email protected]

Beautiful, thank you so much man!  Do we want to wait and see about a group-buy though?  Because I'm good with that.... I just want to make sure we all get copies if we want them!

28 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Pulled the trigger on the Sleepmakeswaves PO last night.  Figured I'd do my part to help the campaign.  Name in the liner notes, bitches LOL.

I almost did this too but I just don't have the money for that right now....  the Riff of the Week 3 was REALLY good, and the first one where I was like "oh man I want to hear that again."  I think it was Riff 3, it was the one where the lead guitar had this nice little melody line that he was playing high up the neck. 

49 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Beautiful, thank you so much man!  Do we want to wait and see about a group-buy though?  Because I'm good with that.... I just want to make sure we all get copies if we want them!

I actually ended up completing the trade (the one I said I was gonna back out on), so I've got a copy coming my way. Doesn't look like there's enough interest for a group buy so I'd say just go for it. You and I can just stir up jealousy when we post pics of our copies once they come in.

On 11/26/2016 at 8:09 PM, drds89 said:

Found this album from last year in My Music file - some decent instrument postmetal. Reminds me a bit of early PSOTY, maybe not quite as dense. Starts off with a 10 minute track, hang in there. Thank you to whomever recommended it here. I didn't pay 8 quid for it, must have been free back then.

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster - Wires/Dream\Wires

I'm just now listening to this album after seeing it pop up as a "Recommended artist" for PSOTY.  6 minutes into the first song and I'm loving it haha.  Hope the rest is this good!  A less dense PSOTY is a dead on description thus far. 

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

I'm just now listening to this album after seeing it pop up as a "Recommended artist" for PSOTY.  6 minutes into the first song and I'm loving it haha.  Hope the rest is this good!  A less dense PSOTY is a dead on description thus far. 

I recall hearing that TNBD album a few years back and thinking it was decent.  Definitely has some really solid moments – enough to keep around in my library this whole time – but as a whole I wasn't completely floored.  I should revisit it.  Agreed with Don's description, too.

11 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yes!!! I heard a 15sec part in one of their videos like one year ago and it sounded massive!!!

wait! What? Mike left the band? WTF?

Edited by Sasan

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I recall hearing that TNBD album a few years back and thinking it was decent.  Definitely has some really solid moments – enough to keep around in my library this whole time – but as a whole I wasn't completely floored.  I should revisit it.  Agreed with Don's description, too.

Start to finish it's very solid.  Not much variation throughout but if you like this style of post-metal it's very good.  Not a lot of singular moments that make you say "wow", but very consistent.  

Well, looks like the Tertia test press is mine. I'm curious to see what number he has since @Sasan says he has the same number (#8/10).

Asked for pictures just in case. Haha. But I did manage to get it for a really good price. My Caspian Sheath test press collection is complete now. Never though I'd say that.

39 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Well, looks like the Tertia test press is mine. I'm curious to see what number he has since @Sasan says he has the same number (#8/10).

Pretty sure mine is #8...since the pics on discogs were uploaded by myself :D

Has there been "another" test press like from newer pressings?! Mine is def. from the very first presses..

1 minute ago, Sasan said:

Pretty sure mine is #8...since the pics on discogs were uploaded by myself :D

Has there been "another" test press like from newer pressings?! Mine is def. from the very first presses..

There hasn't. My guess is he just got the number wrong off the top of his head; been there. I'll let you know what he says / when he sends a picture.

20 hours ago, mrewest said:

I gotta check this out, anything that's like early PSOTY should be a massive win in my book.  I just managed to score a 2nd copy of "....And The Sky Fell" for only $5 off Discogs.  Super rare, totally worth having a double.  "I Am The Ocean" is one of my favorite songs now.  I wish this got pressed!

• jhulud locked this topic