Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

17 hours ago, athousandarms said:

Yes, new Appalaches song is very good.  New Glories and Of the Vine songs coming this Friday via a new compilation we have put together called "Hemispheres: Volume I".  This compilation consists of two sides, Side A featuring bands from the Northern Hemisphere and Side B featuring bands from the Southern Hemisphere.  Post-rock/metal/math and a little bit of everything in between.

https://athousandarms.bandcamp.com/

Track is indeed very good

First time listening to that new Glories album & my immediate thought was that it's the album Pray For Sound wish they could write.  Really impressive.  It's your standard post-rock fare, but done really well imo.  Nice builds to big, grandiose climaxes.

Edited by mrewest

7 hours ago, mrewest said:

First time listening to that new Glories album & my immediate thought was that it's the album Pray For Sound wish they could write.  Really impressive.  It's your standard post-rock fare, but done really well imo.  Nice builds to big, grandiose climaxes.

Album name?  I want to hear this. 

6 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

Glories is standard fare and done well, like you said. For as generic as it is i listen to it more so these days. i enjoy them. 

gumby will love love it because of this reason. 

I don't know why you guys call it standard...   that implies a negative connotation!  This is great stuff, it's just of a certain style is all.  Very well done! 

So, apparently Lights & Motion came out with a new album today!  I had no idea Chris was working on more music.  This dude is a god-damn genius.  I'd have no qualms labeling Lights & Motion as the best post-rock band out of sheer musical prowess.  Dude is just incredible, I have no idea how he makes all this stuff just by himself. 

The new one can be found on Bandcamp on Deep Elm's page.... it is called "Dear Avalanche"

http://deepelmdigital.com/

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I don't know why you guys call it standard...   that implies a negative connotation!  This is great stuff, it's just of a certain style is all.  Very well done! 

standard fare is safe; familiar. nothing wrong with that but when more bands sound standard than not in this genre then it gets filed under this term. it's nice to listen to, first cousin to cinematic post rock which i'm  not a fan of. 

Edited by abovetheearth

15 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'm so jealous!  I saw them after Hardcore came out and I would love to see them a second time.  They don't seem to make it here too often.

This will be my third time. First was on the Hawk is Howling tour and second was the Rave Tapes tour last year. This should be an interesting experience because they're playing Atomic in it's entirety and screening the film.

6 hours ago, kentin31 said:

That dunk!festival lineup is starting to look really nice :D

Yeah dude.  Flights from JFK are ridiculously cheap right now, so I couldn't pass it up.  Getting to see Departure Songs in full, plus Pray For Sound, Meniscus, Dumbsaint, Set and Setting, Mooncake, Syndrome, and Lost In Kiev....   plus there's another big headliner to be announced who i will be excited to see again. 

6 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

A taste of that new Junius. Prob old news.

start clip at 2:47:40

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b088s25n

Solid song, i really liked the keyboard stuff at the beginning.  I wish we had another tune or 2 to preview, because $28 for a single LP is a lot to drop blindly... 

• jhulud locked this topic