Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Anyone who wants an invite to the new *Record Forum PM me with your email address.

Just a heads up: it's only going to be a small handful of people for a bit until we get it all set up. We want it up and running before unveil it to all of you. We want it fully functioning so you can log in and go, instead of there really not being much to look at. I will keep log of all the invites. Thanks.

* - It won't be just post rock stuff. We're thinking of making it a total VC replacement / alternative in time.

Edited by Dave Grohl

Post-Post-VC isn't meant to be a replacement to VC as a whole, but it'll give this thread an expanded platform to really bloom and do its own thing, I think.  I'd probably consider it supplemental – you'll definitely be able to follow appropriate post-genre / electronic / ambient / shoegaze / drone releases, there, but also check out VC for the latest Vinyl Me Please record, shipping woes, and threads for Youtube channels, study surveys, etc.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Post-Post-VC isn't meant to be a replacement to VC as a whole, but it'll give this thread an expanded platform to really bloom and do its own thing, I think.  I'd probably consider it supplemental – you'll definitely be able to follow appropriate post-genre / electronic / ambient / shoegaze / drone releases, there, but also check out VC for the latest Vinyl Me Please record, shipping woes, and threads for Youtube channels, study surveys, etc.

Thank God. I can't buy a record without someone on youtube telling me about it first. 

32 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So if I'm writing a college essay on vinyl collecting, should I post about it here?  Or the new place?  

14 hours ago, wisdom81 said:

I'm all in for a place where you can share new bands and speak about the actual music and not random bonkers bullshit

You can't talk about the music here.  You get yelled at for breaking rank in your opinions, or bringing up a band a 2nd time.

watch:

You guys have a favorite Compass & Knife track?  I might have to go with "I Am Endless" because of that delay riff in the bridge area, when it gets kind of dark.  Plot-twist, it appears Compass & Knife broke up.  Bandcamp gone, Facebook gone. 

• jhulud locked this topic