Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Heyo friends, real life is taking its toll on me with money and various things. I'm working on opening a restaurant by this fall and I need to cut corners where I can. Unfortunately, my Caspian stuff has to go. Keeping one of everything of course, but the tons of extra variants that are just sitting there untouched need to venture out to a new home. Thought I'd give this thread a first crack at it before posting elsewhere. I know what I paid for most of these and really just looking to get my money back. Shoot me a PM if anything catches your attention.

Caspian - Dust And Disquiet | Big Scary Monsters | 1st Press | Black w/Silver Splatter /300

Caspian - Dust And Disquiet | Triple Crown | 1st Press | Clear w/Black and Silver Splatter (Tour Exclusive Signed)

Caspian - Hymn For The Greatest Generation | Triple Crown | 2nd Press | Cream w/Grey Splatter /??

Caspian - Live At Old South Church | The Mylene Sheath | 1st Pressing | Pink Marble /600

Caspian - Tertia | The Mylene Sheath | 1st Press | Opaque Maroon /700

Caspian - Tertia | The Mylene Sheath | 2nd Press | Gold /300

Caspian - Tertia | The Mylene Sheath | 3rd Press | Bloody Gold Splatter /104

Caspian - Tertia | The Mylene Sheath | 4th Press | Half Black/Half Gold /300

Caspian - The Four Trees | The Mylene Sheath | 2nd Press | Clear w/ Bronze Swirl | /100

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 1st Press | 180g Black /300 (Bundle Exclusive)

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 1st Press | Purple Marble /300 (Tour Exclusive Signed)

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 2nd Press | White/Purple Starburst /500

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 3rd Press | Forest Green /500

Caspian - You Are The Conductor / The Four Trees Comp (Remastered) 3xLP | The Mylene Sheath | Silver Vinyl | Mailorder Edition Hand Numbered | 8/190

Caspian - You Are The Conductor | The Mylene Sheath | 2nd Press | Opaque Mint Green /100

Caspian - You Are The Conductor | The Mylene Sheath | 3rd press | Clear w/Green and Mint Splatter | /100

31 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Heyo friends, real life is taking its toll on me with money and various things. I'm working on opening a restaurant by this fall and I need to cut corners where I can. Unfortunately, my Caspian stuff has to go. Keeping one of everything of course, but the tons of extra variants that are just sitting there untouched need to venture out to a new home. Thought I'd give this thread a first crack at it before posting elsewhere. I know what I paid for most of these and really just looking to get my money back. Shoot me a PM if anything catches your attention.

Caspian - Dust And Disquiet | Big Scary Monsters | 1st Press | Black w/Silver Splatter /300

Caspian - Dust And Disquiet | Triple Crown | 1st Press | Clear w/Black and Silver Splatter (Tour Exclusive Signed)

Caspian - Hymn For The Greatest Generation | Triple Crown | 2nd Press | Cream w/Grey Splatter /??

Caspian - Live At Old South Church | The Mylene Sheath | 1st Pressing | Pink Marble /600

Caspian - The Four Trees | The Mylene Sheath | 2nd Press | Clear w/ Bronze Swirl | /100

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 1st Press | 180g Black /300 (Bundle Exclusive)

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 1st Press | Purple Marble /300 (Tour Exclusive Signed)

Caspian - Waking Season | Triple Crown | 2nd Press | White/Purple Starburst /500

Caspian - You Are The Conductor / The Four Trees Comp (Remastered) 3xLP | The Mylene Sheath | Silver Vinyl | Mailorder Edition Hand Numbered | 8/190

Caspian - You Are The Conductor | The Mylene Sheath | 2nd Press | Opaque Mint Green /100

Caspian - You Are The Conductor | The Mylene Sheath | 3rd press | Clear w/Green and Mint Splatter | /100

Whaaaaat?! Lemme know when you open! Hell, lemme know if you need a taste tester before you open :)

21 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Good luck man.  I can't even imagine the amount of stress that must be!

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I just now got the host up. I'll start building it this week. It's the design that is going to take a bit. It'll go live when you sacrifice Gumbo to the Post Gods. 

You give me shit for "off-topic" things, yet all that you're talking about now in this thread is this new website.  Isn't that a little hypocritical man?

On-topic:  Metalsucks premiered a track by a band called Barrows, who was new to me.  Pretty good stuff, I liked it.  Kinda has a motorik feel for the first half, which was enjoyable.  http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/04/25/exclusive-track-premiere-barrows-entrada/

Edited by Gumbo72203

41 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

You give me shit for "off-topic" things, yet all that you're talking about now in this thread is this new website.  Isn't that a little hypocritical man?

On-topic:  Metalsucks premiered a track by a band called Barrows, who was new to me.  Pretty good stuff, I liked it.  Kinda has a motorik feel for the first half, which was enjoyable.  http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/04/25/exclusive-track-premiere-barrows-entrada/

Nope, cause we have to talk about it cause of you, and other reasons. And the main people that want to be a part of it, their main thread is this. You're essentially complaining about your own result, dude. 

Also, 'little hypocritical man' is your new "super" hero name. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Nope, cause we have to talk about it cause of you, and other reasons. And the main people that want to be a part of it, their main thread is this. You're essentially complaining about your own result, dude. 

Also, 'little hypocritical man' is your new "super" hero name. 

Seems like a double-standard to me.  All I ever want to do is talk about post-rock, but you guys flip out whenever my responses got long or broke orthodoxy in my views.  I seem to remember Omik or someone bringing up how great it is that everybody doesn't have the same likes/tastes/thoughts... yet I express mine, and the wolves pounce.  You guys had it right about the package and parcel stuff though, so I axed that.  Otherwise... I'm at a loss, especially with Don bringing up things that don't even pertain to here. 

Also, B- on the grammar pun.  Could do better. 

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I know this is mean. I'm sorry, but we've really tried to be reasonably nice to you even though you're super annoying.

Very mean.  Being a bully is kind of a shitty thing, and you were never nice to me... come on.  I've taken it all with a grain of salt, because I know I'm enthusiastic... and some people just can't handle that.  Maybe you're the wrong group of people for me to talk and hang out with then, if my enthusiasm to you triggers a response of "no way this guy is real".  Which... is a little sad, isn't it?  That your go-to response to someone enjoying the fuck out of something would be derision and revulsion?  That's my take on it, anyway. 

I've held my tongue often, because I don't believe in insulting people.  That's such...  basic behavior.  Unintelligent, to me anyway.  Lowest common denominator kinda stuff.  But I just let it go, because it really doesn't matter.  I just want people to geek out on post-rock with, and I guess that's not this crowd after all. 

But the thing that saddens me is the way everybody joins in instantly.  I just feel disappointed, from a sociological standpoint.  I liked to think that people had grown out of bullying and insulting people, but as is evidenced daily on facebook between Democrats and Republicans, it seems that behavior will never leave us.  Like, I'm watching that new End of the Ocean video and I don't get how people like yourselves aren't freaking out over how great it is.  But were I to convey that sentiment here...  the dogs would be let loose. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

5 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Very mean.  Being a bully is kind of a shitty thing, and you were never nice to me... come on.  I've taken it all with a grain of salt, because I know I'm enthusiastic... and some people just can't handle that.  Maybe you're the wrong group of people for me to talk and hang out with then, if my enthusiasm to you triggers a response of "no way this guy is real".  Which... is a little sad, isn't it?  That your go-to response to someone enjoying the fuck out of something would be derision and revulsion?  That's my take on it, anyway. 

I've held my tongue often, because I don't believe in insulting people.  That's such...  basic behavior.  Unintelligent, to me anyway.  Lowest common denominator kinda stuff.  But I just let it go, because it really doesn't matter.  I just want people to geek out on post-rock with, and I guess that's not this crowd after all. 

Guess not.

People have genuinely had to strive to deal with your garbage, man. It's annoying. Frankly, the fact that you think I'm being a bully by finally giving it to you straight that people on here find you annoying says a lot about you. Sorry, dude. Like I said, if people have to form an entirely new forum to get away from you...that should tell you something.

I guess being honest is "unintelligent, lowest common denominator kinda stuff"

And yeah, I took it too far with the .gifs, hence why I deleted it.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Guess not.

People have genuinely had to strive to deal with your garbage, man. It's annoying. Frankly, the fact that you think I'm being a bully by finally giving it to you straight that people on here find you annoying says a lot about you. Sorry, dude. Like I said, if people have to form an entirely new forum to get away from you...that should tell you something.

See, I had amended my posting habits though because you guys had legit grievances.  Random mentions of packages here, even though they were about post-rock albums, I get were unnecessary.  The last blow up was my answering Sasan's little question, and in that post I brought it back on-topic to reference Derek's crescendocore comment, and then Evan had his little fit about it, which to me seemed like an unmeasured response.  That's what I don't understand. 

I'm trying to understand, because obviously nobody wants to be annoying.  So that's where my hang-up is, because I thought I'd better conformed to the 'rules'. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

5 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i think you've gotten pretty much the full range of kickback from people, from the angry trololol's to the well thought-out, level-headed and mature attempts to steer you in a direction that doesn't drive everyone crazy. i guess you can attempt to rationalize it all as bullying, but i can tell you this right now: it's not everyone else--it's you. i think don really nailed it in his post. i'm not trying to be a dick when i say this place just might not be the place for you. try a different community out and see if you get a better response. the intelligent choice would be to just move on.

• jhulud locked this topic