Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

It's your birthday. She shouldn't need to be convinced, man.

I agree with this.  That's the one day you can make plans completely for yourself.  If you want to sit around in your underwear, drinking whiskey and watching monster truck videos on your birthday, you can and shouldn't worry about someone else.  If you want to go see Russian Circles on your birthday, you should go!

Kyoty

Heavier sound from New Hampshire 

http://kyoty.bandcamp.com/album/split-7-with-host

You can order a small run 7" split for less than $8.

http://hydrogenman.storenvy.com/products/458343-host-kyoty-split-7

free download here:

http://kyoty.bandcamp.com/track/nine

Haven't heard these guys brought up yet, but my friend introduced me to them on our trip to tahoe and I can't get enough.

If you like Russian Circle, Red Sparrowes and the like, check them out. 

Long Distance Calling: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSp51GOT_L8

im liking that

Haven't heard these guys brought up yet, but my friend introduced me to them on our trip to tahoe and I can't get enough.

If you like Russian Circle, Red Sparrowes and the like, check them out. 

Long Distance Calling: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSp51GOT_L8

Long Distance Calling "Avoid The Light" was pretty big (and Jonas from Katatonia does a killer track). Later, they completely disassociated themselves from "prog" "post" "instrumental" on their webpage in pretty strong language - thinking they could get more mainstream listeners I guess. I mean, they really shat on supposed "pretentiousness" etc etc. Well, whatever, bands move in different directions all the time. So, the album after that sucked pretty hard I guess, so they've been doing this fundraiser for.....drumroll....the new instrumental record! (must have lost a few fans and the mainstream idea didn't work out so well??)

Sorry dudes, you lost me with the unnecessary dissing. Maybe, just maybe if your instrumental thing hits  a grandslam (and you retract all that garbage) you might get a diehard fan back. (rant over, I feel better)

Does anyone know where I can buy Silent Whale Becomes a Dream's Canopy that isn't iTunes?

Glad you like them! It was the old ATPR boards where I first heard about them, and I downloaded youtubes to listen to and never got around to even buying mp3 or seeing if that had physical :(  I'll look into this, as our daughter loves them, too. "Your Ten Mofo" also has some tracks with a similar feel.

Will checkout AtE's and other links later tonight or this weekend!

Long Distance Calling "Avoid The Light" was pretty big (and Jonas from Katatonia does a killer track). Later, they completely disassociated themselves from "prog" "post" "instrumental" on their webpage in pretty strong language - thinking they could get more mainstream listeners I guess. I mean, they really shat on supposed "pretentiousness" etc etc. Well, whatever, bands move in different directions all the time. So, the album after that sucked pretty hard I guess, so they've been doing this fundraiser for.....drumroll....the new instrumental record! (must have lost a few fans and the mainstream idea didn't work out so well??)

Sorry dudes, you lost me with the unnecessary dissing. Maybe, just maybe if your instrumental thing hits  a grandslam (and you retract all that garbage) you might get a diehard fan back. (rant over, I feel better)

That's pretty fucked up to hear about. why bands feel the need to shit on everything they spent years working to build thinking it will further their careers boggles me.

Does anyone know where I can buy Silent Whale Becomes a Dream's Canopy that isn't iTunes?

I searched all the usual places and no luck -surprised it's only $1.99 on iTunes

You probably already saw the links on Arbouse Recordings under the 'Artist' section says they are thinking about a re-issue, and practically dead on their FB page. 

Music Fear Satan and Norman both had the CD and sold out.

Red Forest (would be weird if they released an album called If These Trees Could Talk)

have a listen

http://red-forest.bandcamp.com/album/red-forest

I listened to the 4 tracks they had on Youtube and they were really good, driving instrumental rock pieces. In places they reminded me ITTCT (maybe that seed was planted by AtE haha), a little Maserati for brief moments - excellent musicianship. Definitely more listens ahead.

That's pretty fucked up to hear about. why bands feel the need to shit on everything they spent years working to build thinking it will further their careers boggles me.

Dude I'm glad you didn't take any of that rant personally, for LDC did deserve a mention on this thread - (and I can't find their little manifesto, maybe they took it down). At first I was just sad they were moving away, and that is just life with music.

But thankfully their formerly very progressive fellow countrymen, with whom they did a split, Leech, seemed to have moved in a different direction, embracing postrock elements which actually seem (to me) to overtake their progressive sound.  I do enjoy their Split with LDC, The Stolen View and their latest is not bad, haven't listened to it in a while

I think the track "Inspiral" gets the most love (if you're in a hurry, push to the 5:00 mark and listen for about 3 minutes to get the idea, but it is a good buildup). I like "The Man With The Hammer" a lot.

If Leech was already mentioned or linked, ... apologies.

http://leechofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-stolen-view

I was into Leech for a little while but grew bored with them. They have some absolutely fantastic tracks, but then a lot of them just seem to drag on forever. "Inspiral" as mentioned is great. I also love "Amazing Hog". Weird name, I know. But awesome song.

Can totally ID with that - great stuff - but they sort of dropped out of my regular rotation as well. Amazing Hog is a great track, agreed!

I searched all the usual places and no luck -surprised it's only $1.99 on iTunes

You probably already saw the links on Arbouse Recordings under the 'Artist' section says they are thinking about a re-issue, and practically dead on their FB page. 

Music Fear Satan and Norman both had the CD and sold out.

Thanks for looking! Seems like we found the same things. I really hate and avoid buying from iTunes, but for $2 and no other options, it's worth it.

Really hoping these guys are making more music; they just passed three years since Canopy was released.

• jhulud locked this topic